Supercharger sales and installation in Taiwan

Nice motor that… just missing that supercharger!.

The only one on the market is the kleeman im afraid, i did my research into this a long time back!.
Otherwise go custom with a rotrex or similar, theres plenty of factorys that can make pipes to spec cheapily and nicely, the problem is finding someone to remap your car.
Thats the one problem with taiwan, they have ALL the bits and for a cheap price… its just getting it tuned properly :doh:

hey smelly, what benz would you suggest importing, driving and re-selling?..surely wouldn’t be a clk since the resale is lower on those in taiwan than most other benz’ (my bank was willing to give me 400,000 more to buy an audi tt since they were more confident on the resale value if they had to reposess…could you give an example what car you would buy, for how much, shipping, taxes, tarriffs and what you’d sell fro after a year?

…2 more questions 1. is there a turbo kit I could put on clk that would be cheaper and without the tuning problems?..2.anyway to get rid of that turbo sound?..jweeeee!..maybe on a jap car but not my benz…

I would just not get that car, its underpowered for a 3.2 to be honest :frowning:
Plus your paying tax for a 3.5 on it…

If it was me and i was importing… audi allroad bi turbo would be at the top of the list for cheap 2nd hand.
If i was buying new, the latest camero 3.7.
If i had more money for a used but newer car, mercedes C 250 CDI

got an example of how the numbers would work?..price for camaro in US?..shipping cost?..tariffs and taxes?..resale price in Taiwan?..profit?

Search function is your friend. Anyone ever try importing a bike/car from overseas?

Just search for ‘import’ in this forum and you will find a bunch of info.

…and yes this is a supercharger thread so i’ll keep it limited to that…

…while the 320 may be underpowered, I’ve been told a reflash will bring it to par…

…even with that said, I’ve decided to go with the Kleemann supercharger, will put it at 330 hp, maybe 340 with my AMG add-ons, that’s well over 50 hp more than the clk430…

…Kleemann v-6 supercharger, 420 000 nt in Taiwan, so if anyone knows a better price let me know…

…also, i’m not interested in another car for my daily driving, I already know you can get faster cars cheaper, or a V8 for the cost of the supercharger…so before anyone posts what a bad idea this is, please understand it’s not always hp/$ or re-sale value, sometimes you just want something cause you want it…

the 320 and C32 were not created equal… even with the supercharger kit it will never have the same BHP as the C32 and also wont be as reliable.
The 320 was built as a N/A car… not that reliable even in stock trim with those 4 ecus all ready to cause you a headache!.
The kleemann kit wasnt popular because of this, also because to get to the C32 level of power you need to raise the boost much higher than the C32 runs!.

420k is a shit load of money for a S/C kit, if you are 100% serious about this project and really intend on boosting the 320, i suggest getting a custom kit made up for about half that.
Yes i do know a guy, the only issue is the blasted ECU, most likely would have to be sent off to europe for a custom map to be made.

ok, smelly…now i’m about to contradict my whole philosophy about wanting something just cause i want it…i looked up the c32 and saw 349 hp…speechless…what’s the big difference that separates the 320 and the 32…??

Engine in the C32 is stronger, i forget the exact differences but i swear it has stronger pistons and rods and a beefed up gearbox.

Stats I found on another forum:

Straight from Car and Driver Magazine:

2002 C320 KLEEMANN- 330HP 325 lbs/ft. (AUTO)

0-60- 6.0 seconds
0-100- 15.4 seconds
Standing 1/4 mile- 14.5@97 mph

The C32 is way better 349 HP, 332 lb-ft torque

0-60 - 4.77 seconds (now that is fast)
0-100 - 11.8 seconds
1/4 ET - 13.24 seconds @ 107 mph

I was working with someone in Cali to get a new Corvette into Taiwan and I thought we nearly cracked it but some stuff would be almost impossible to pass ARTC. Emissions and fuel economy no problem though. In the meantime I decided I would be better off with a Camaro, it’s cheaper with 4 seats and interior is nicer.

2010 Camaro is NT$1.1m for the 2SS (highest trim level with 6.2 LS3) but we worked out it has to be Canadian spec so now I have to try and find someone in Canadaland to get back on the project. After tax, freight, modifications, ARTC and bribes it will come to about $2-$2.5m (LT3 vette would have been $3.5m). There’s a 50% chance it will not get through ARTC at all in which case it would have to be shipped back and sold or driven here illegally. I won’t have time to even think about this again until next year so you might beat me to it. I really hoped to be the first 2010 Camaro owner in Taiwan.

Resale price = zero, no sane person is gonna buy a 6.2L stick shift American sportscar in Taiwan even if it has the best engine ever made. Good thing I’m not sane.

I was working with someone in Cali to get a new Corvette into Taiwan and I thought we nearly cracked it but some stuff would be almost impossible to pass ARTC. Emissions and fuel economy no problem though. In the meantime I decided I would be better off with a Camaro, it’s cheaper with 4 seats and interior is nicer.

2010 Camaro is NT$1.1m for the 2SS (highest trim level with 6.2 LS3) but we worked out it has to be Canadian spec so now I have to try and find someone in Canadaland to get back on the project. After tax, freight, modifications, ARTC and bribes it will come to about $2-$2.5m (LT3 vette would have been $3.5m). There’s a 50% chance it will not get through ARTC at all in which case it would have to be shipped back and sold or driven here illegally. I won’t have time to even think about this again until next year so you might beat me to it. I really hoped to be the first 2010 Camaro owner in Taiwan.

Resale price = zero, no sane person is gonna buy a 6.2L stick shift American sportscar in Taiwan even if it has the best engine ever made. Good thing I’m not sane.[/quote]

no,no bring in the lower model with the LLT 3.6 engine :wink:
lower tax which is almost reasonable, all the looks of the bigger camaro and retails for 800k in the states.
all in all it would set you back 1.6million to have it here after ‘red envelope money’ and testing, they are being resold here for 2mill+

smelly, i’ve been really looking into getting the c32…I now know what sets it a part from the 320 and that’s the fact that it’s an amg built supercharged 3.2…but it was designed to be supercharged and so has much better performance than the kleemann 320…I prefer the looks of the clk but now the c32 has grown on me, very modest looking but with a monster under the hood…that’s got it’s own charm…

…found an '02 c32 for a million that i’m going to look at, in the end cheaper than the kleeman install…

[quote=“smellybumlove”]no,no bring in the lower model with the LLT 3.6 engine :wink:
lower tax which is almost reasonable, all the looks of the bigger camaro and retails for 800k in the states.
all in all it would set you back 1.6million to have it here after ‘red envelope money’ and testing, they are being resold here for 2mill+[/quote]

Well someone just brought in a Camaro SS so I have lost interest in that now. Gonna have to be the vette or bust.

[quote=“bobbyanalog”]smelly, I’ve been really looking into getting the c32…I now know what sets it a part from the 320 and that’s the fact that it’s an amg built supercharged 3.2…but it was designed to be supercharged and so has much better performance than the kleemann 320…I prefer the looks of the clk but now the c32 has grown on me, very modest looking but with a monster under the hood…that’s got it’s own charm…

…found an '02 c32 for a million that I’m going to look at, in the end cheaper than the kleeman install…[/quote]

Be so careful. there are loads out there right now, i saw 6 on yahoo alone!.
i saw one fly past me the other day and nearly lose control sliding between traffic… really put me off knowing the type of people owning them :frowning:

But its a wonderful car, i wish you good luck in finding one, if you do please stop by and show me :smiley:

I saw the Dodge Viper silver color with black stripes in Taichung :unamused:

[quote=“smellybumlove”][quote=“bobbyanalog”]smelly, I’ve been really looking into getting the c32…I now know what sets it a part from the 320 and that’s the fact that it’s an amg built supercharged 3.2…but it was designed to be supercharged and so has much better performance than the kleemann 320…I prefer the looks of the clk but now the c32 has grown on me, very modest looking but with a monster under the hood…that’s got it’s own charm…

…found an '02 c32 for a million that I’m going to look at, in the end cheaper than the kleeman install…[/quote]

Be so careful. there are loads out there right now, I saw 6 on yahoo alone!.
I saw one fly past me the other day and nearly lose control sliding between traffic… really put me off knowing the type of people owning them :frowning:

But its a wonderful car, i wish you good luck in finding one, if you do please stop by and show me :smiley:[/quote]

You mean be careful driving or buying? You mentioned that just before saying you saw 6 on yahoo…if you’re talking about buying, is there something particular I should be careful of?..you refering to flood damage?..heard there’s a huge abundance of drowning victims up for sale right now…

Oh boy, everything in your worst nightmares about buying 2nd hand cars.
It can be any of the following:

stolen
crash damaged
flood damaged
needing ALOT of tlc
driven by a prick who doesn know his 10w-30w from his fuel
ecu problems
supercharger needing of a rebuild (all of them will to be fair)
scuffed,scratched,dinged,dented…

god everything and anything with those cars, its a horrible experience to be honest!.

just dont buy the first one and PLEASE have jamie check it for you, 3000nt saves you 1 million nt…

Hey if I plug in and aftermarket turbo kit or SC kit on an NA factory engine, and I go for my annual checkup, what happens? Is it legit?

No.

NOTHING, AT ALL, is legit.

And the phrase “plug in” suggests you havn’t been paying attention.