Superstars? ⭐

Today some of us have stars in our avatars. :star: Is this just a reflection of our awesomeness, or is it something technical?

Looks like mods get stars! I have a fetching purple star.

It seems you and Goose have purple, and the rest of us have gold.

If Discourse can come up with stuff like this, why can’t we have customizable titles? :idunno:

Do people want customizable titles?

I thought we already had around 5,000,000 requests for this!

I can’t say I remember them. Well, the wheels of Discourse grind as they do. If anyone finds a plugin for it, we can consider it

Titles, as in… usernames?

As in Director, Mr. Director. :slight_smile:

Or as in ink still wet in passport, newspaper copy-editor, high school triad member, gravel truck driver… like in the good old days! :grandpa:

We have at least two threads full of requests for this feature.

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/regular-title/159852

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/i-think-it-would-be-cool-to-be-able-to-change-our-titles/166968

And iirc it also came up right after the traumatic switch in 2016. So yes, people want it. :praying:

Director is actually a title field that can be set by on request.

But there isn’t a changing rank feature like in phpBB

On the Discourse forum, Real Name servs as the customisable title. Don’t know why w it doesn’t work the same way here

Yeah that’s some bullshit. You already have mod shields, now you have stars. What next, Idi Amin type titles such as “Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular”.

Could I have a bear paw please?

3 Likes

We would need a bear custom group to attach the paw to. Automatic groups like TL3 don’t have the Flair feature :frowning:

1 Like

And now you have a cake?!?!

Happy anniversary. :wink:

1 Like

Point taken.

Has anyone tried setting their “name”?

goose

@GooseEgg all fancy

1 Like

Apparently, real names only appear in the user profile, so you only see them when you click on the user’s name.

This isn’t how it works on meta.discourse.org - let’s keep looking for the setting

Yes. Give it to us already.

Fixed that for ya.

And that’s why I’m here, for expanding my communication abilities.

This place gets more and more Stalinist every friggin day…