Wait…that’s not ok?

Shit…

1 Like

Easy to launder money!

1 Like

Rent a gangTM

It’s numbered…but it’s numbered with a “5”. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

which ones are ancient? not questioning, just generally curious to visit the older ones. as far as i knew nothing was that old here, and the oldest ones have even been rebuilt or added to. i’m curious how does an actual ancient temple here look.

It looks cruddy and black lol. Ancient being over 100 years old here.

The one in Beigang is over 300 years old. Bao an in Taipei is also one of the oldest.

No meat!?!

Neil McKenzie would tape his cricket bat to the ceiling of his house every night because his teammates had done it to him in the past and he scored 100 runs.

This will blow your mind:

…more than half of young adults in the U.S. believe astrology is a science. compared to less than 8% of the Chinese public.

(Some of them might be confusing astrology with astronomy.)

I hate astrology. It’s fine if you want to believe it. But I hate when someone I’m talking to brings it up and ask me what sign or whatever I am. I have no idea and then I tell them my birthday and they proceed to tell me all about my character traits and blah blah blah. And I have to try and just pretend if be interested so I don’t offend them.

It ones of the biggest turnoffs for me when I go out with a girl and she mentions it.

Tell them the wrong date of birth and listen to them explain why you have the characteristics of another star sign.

There’s a story about the editor of the Sun who received complaints from readers that his paper’s astrologer was just transferring the predictions around the star signs. He sent him a letter which read: “As you already know, you are fired.”.

Honestly it’s the worst. At least morons and other people like that can respectfully say no. And you can see them coming. People bringing up Astrology is like just out of no where. There is no way for you to see them coming. And you have to all nice and listen to it. Like ohhhh that’s why you behave this way.

1 Like

My usual response to astrology: How can the stars influence me when they might have disappeared a long time ago and Earth is just now receiving their light?

1 Like

When someone mentions astrology, the first thing that comes to my mind is Aunt Erma’s Cope Book chapter on the matter.

My sun never rose on my sign. My planets were always conspiring behind my back. And my destiny always read like it had been out in the natal sun too long.

1 Like

I see playing cards on the ground every time I cross the bridge near my house. I speculate this is some kind of gambling-related superstition, in which throwing cards on a bridge might bring luck? Or is there some reason I’m not grasping why cards might often end up on a bridge?

Who says you have to pretend? Oh wait, these are girls you were dating… :heart_eyes:

Be glad Italy has saved you! :slight_smile:

No, it’s just in general. But it would seem women in general are more into it. Like it happens in just daily conversations.

We have a small garden next to our house with a mid sized tree. The branches grew a little (like 10cm) over to the neighbors ‘airspace’ not touching anything. They came over and demanded we cut those branches since the tree is sucking out the life energy from their property through those branches.
I told my wife I will do it on the weekend when I have more time. She insisted I do it right away because those old people are crazy and will not rest. :expressionless:

6 Likes

Maybe the tree grew to provide desperately needed energy to your property?
If you cut it maybe you will have some misfortune