Supplies to set up draft beer at my own home bar - Changhua

No…I know where to get draft beer. Just wondering about supplies to get a bar set up in my own place. Not something I want to do right now, but something I want to price out.

Here’s the kicker - I’m also in Changhua. Taipei, Kaohsuing, Tainan, Taichung…might be easier.

Even if you have no clue about a place in Changhua, does anyone have any places online just so I can start looking at prices and options?

Matt

[color=green]Mod note: Title edited from “draft beer” for clarity. – DB, WCIF Mod[/color]

Wouldn’t you have to drink an enormous amount of beer to make that worth while?
Not that there’s anything wrong with that. :beer:

[quote=“Josefus”]Wouldn’t you have to drink an enormous amount of beer to make that worth while?
Not that there’s anything wrong with that. :beer:[/quote]

Yes and no :slight_smile:. I won’t have the keg up 365 days a year. And I have a horrible feeling a lot of beer WILL get wasted. I want it more as a novelty for when I do have some people over. That and I really prefer draft beer and Changhua’s not exactly filled with places to get it. So it would be nice to have a small keg around from time to time…even though I might waste quite a bit of it. If all else fails, you may see the occasional, “I just got a new keg. Forumosa party at Matt’s” message and I’m sure it will be gone in a matter of hours.

Matt

Why not just grab a six pack (or more) of these when you know you’re going to be having a get together. And if there’s any left overs, nothing is lost.

In 4 years living in Changhua, walking repeatedly through every street, lane and alley in search of interesting photo’s, I’ve never seen anywhere that sells the equipment you need.

However, Taichung brewery is close by - near the HSR station across the Dadu River - presumably they’d be able to get you something.

[quote=“ILoveItHereButIDoMissSnow”][quote=“Josefus”]Wouldn’t you have to drink an enormous amount of beer to make that worth while?
Not that there’s anything wrong with that. :beer:[/quote]

Yes and no :slight_smile:. I won’t have the keg up 365 days a year. And I have a horrible feeling a lot of beer WILL get wasted. I want it more as a novelty for when I do have some people over. That and I really prefer draft beer and Changhua’s not exactly filled with places to get it. So it would be nice to have a small keg around from time to time…even though I might waste quite a bit of it. If all else fails, you may see the occasional, “I just got a new keg. Forumosa party at Matt’s” message and I’m sure it will be gone in a matter of hours.

Matt[/quote]

Sweet - you’re just down the road from my future in-laws. I can look like a dutiful visiting son-in-law and then pop round to your place and get tanked!

:beer:

On the equipment side, I do have the number of a beer importer somewhere, who does all the gear. I’ll rummage around and see if I can find it.