Supposed "Police" come visit you?

[quote=“Mordeth”]Speaking of walking into people’s apartments…I’ve heard probably a dozen stories of landlords walking into apartments owned by foreigners without knocking…etc. quote]

Everytime I move into a new place I change the locks, beforehand I always make the landlord agree to give me 48 hours notice in the rental agreement.

Only once has a landlord asked me why I changed the locks to which I replied " how do you know I changed the locks? unless you were trying to enter the apartment when I was not there?" he hated me after that but F*@! him, an agreement is an agreement
:wink:

Change the locks it will be the best 1000$ N.T. you ever spend.

Back to the original thread I have been here 2 years lived in at leat 6 places and only been visited once, in uniform, with an advance call the day before to make sure I would be home. he seemed as bored with the process as I was. After I gave him some coffee and a smoke he is my local cop buddy Charlie.

Now he sneaks up behind me on his scooter if he sees me, nice guy actually.

Never hurts to have friends with some guanxi invested
:slight_smile:

Once you have signed a rent contract the landlord no longer has the legal right of entry. If they came into your apartment and you could prove it then you can accuse them of breaking and entering…

I know… I did it to mine… with a theft charge to boot :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Once you have signed a rent contract the landlord no longer has the legal right of entry. If they came into your apartment and you could prove it then you can accuse them of breaking and entering…

I know… I did it to mine… with a theft charge to boot :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

:bravo: :notworthy: :bravo: