🏄 COVID - Surfing during level 3 restrictions

Hi everyone,
any surfing possible anywhere in Taiwan right now (Level 3 restrictions)?
I would go on weekdays.
Thanks

Only surfing you’re going to do is surfing the web…

Beaches are closed and if you are found there you will be fined.

3 Likes

~$15000 fine.

Taiwan Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021 - #745 by tango42

I really don’t understand the logic of the person calling the police.
He “visited” the beach (which by the way should be illegal right now), spotted 4 surfers in the water, decided to call the police. Why? Does he feel bad that they are having fun and he’s not? Does he feel like he’s bringing justice to the world? Does he enjoy causing damage to other people? He must be a really unhappy person with a really shitty life.
The restrictions on surfing are to prevent crowds at the beach and limit the spreading of the virus. Awesome, they are working, the beaches are empty, people are scared to get covid or to get fined.
Of course the 4 surfers were beaking the rules but, honestly, they weren’t causing any damage to anyone since the beach was empty.
The act of calling the police on someone who’s honestly not causing any damage seems just very childish to me…

2 Likes

Camera cops are everywhere in Taiwan. Fucking bastards.

3 Likes

Meh, if you break the law someone might report you.

1 Like

It happened all over the world. Busybodies looking for someone to have power over. They are powerless at work and at home so they get a thrill from getting others in trouble. And to make matters worse, those people are normally the ones doing worse shite behind closed doors. But that is different because their family is safe/clean/mask wearing gods.

1 Like

Due to the corona virus the waves are no longer going at the same angle. So yes. Impossible

2 Likes

Social Justice Warriors.

Meanwhile…people are sitting in offices packed with other humans. Breathing and exhaling the same old recycled air. Seems like covid would decide not to hurt them because they’re at work. While the ones practicing social distancing surfing outside would be infected.

Whoever invented the rules…great logic.

5 Likes

This is the level of stupidity we’re dealing with.

3 Likes

LOL. What I was indeed asking, is: Is there any area, ideally totally uninhabited, where I could go and search for non-famous spots to surf in peace…

1 Like

Totally agree. I’m allowed to take MRT, buses, shop in luxury department stores and even go to night markets, but NOT being in the ocean, cause that would spread covid so much…

7 Likes

Some strange attitudes to the sea. Actually I experienced that first hand a lifeguard threatened to deck me because by swimming in the sea I was tempting people who didn’t know how to swim to swim in the sea which would lead to deaths. So I had to stop swimming or else

2 Likes

Omg… ridiculous limitation of personal freedom…

1 Like

Welcome to Taiwan, my man. Where rules are paramount and critical thinking is secondary.

Can you transmit Covid to another person when you are outside and socially distant?

Where rules are paramount but selectively enforced.

As the saying goes, if you want freedom you gotta stay in Texas.

Six feet under?

Texas- population: 29 million. Covid deaths: 52,000
Taiwan- population: 22 million. Covid deaths: 437
Freedumb!

1 Like

Though be prepared to get shot and killed at random, in Tx. Ofcourse you’ll be eligible for plenty of thoughts and prayers afterwards.

2 Likes

Yes, But think of the lifeguards position. If he lets someone go in and Taiwanese follow and get into trouble, then it’s his problem and job on the line. But there are lots of beaches in Taiwan with no lifeguards. And I’ve found if you make friends with the lifeguards (if you live locally to a beach) and they can see you can swim and surf well - generally
not an issue

2 Likes