Surfing the crimson wave without a board

So… Is the Huffington Post a spoof site or not? I don’t know much about US news media.

huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 … f=politics

To stop women making like Donita Sparks in the 90s, those retro motherfuckers are confiscating tampons and pads. I mean, it’s pretty hilarious, but only because it’s not my country. Backward, dirty, cheesy FUCKS. I hope all you American women are planning some civil disobedience to give your Texan overlords some kind of ‘The Shining’ elevator experience. ‘Kill Bill’. ‘Carrie’.

I hope it was a spoof.

They confiscated them so they wouldn’t be used as projectiles. :unamused:

They weren’t standing outside ladies rooms all over Texas.

Backward, backward nut sacks. Why didn’t they just ban women instead of doing it in such a gross way? If women were going to throw them, well, there’s nothing the can do about it. Y’see, there’s this special, secret place we all have where we can hide stuff like that.

19th century mouth breathing bargain bucket eating knuckledragging cocks.

Yet apparently it’s perfectly okay to enter with a gun. :loco:

Yeah, but the chances that someone will pull a gun are relatively small. Throwing a tampon during this kind of political buffoonery? I’d go with high.

A gun will get you shot dead on the spot. A tampon will disrupt the proceedings. :no-no:
BTW, the title of this thread is incredibly crass. :grandpa:

Not before you could throw it.

Oh, and the TITLE of this thread is what you find offensive? :loco:

No, it’s not crass, those dumb as a board woman haters are crass. Euphemisms about menstruation are stupid, but, well, it’s not as if menstruation is accepted in your culture, I guess.

A bunch of neanderthals, making themselves a laughing stock.

American women! You have so much, but so little. Fight back!

Not before you could throw it.

Oh, and the TITLE of this thread is what you find offensive? :loco:[/quote]
Yes. Is that OK with you that I prefer more mature communication? :cactus:

But I know how you enjoy your hyperbole. :unamused:

God, are you on your period or something? Relax!

I won’t argue with you that the bill is foolish.

Menstruation is not accepted in the US? Apparently you don’t watch TV here.

Yep.

So little what?

Do you even know what the bill is about? :ponder:

No, I don’t watch American TV. i catch the occasional series. Liked ‘Dexter’. Police drama thing. Crackin’.

Respect, dignity, agency.

Yes.

This gets you so upset? Confiscating tampons? Not gang rapes in India or Darfur?
A bill that hasn’t even been signed yet? Although it looks that it will be:[quote]
Already approved by the House, the sweeping bill to restrict abortions now goes to Republican Governor Rick Perry, who is certain to sign it and had called a second special session of the legislature to get it through.[/quote]

The bill would ban abortion after 20 weeks instead of the 26 now legal, because it is the opinion of the State Senate members (19-11) that a fetus feels pain after 20 weeks.

[quote]Planned Parenthood, a leading reproductive health provider, decried the passage and called on voters to throw out the politicians who voted for it.

“If you are angry about what happened in Texas tonight – and what’s happening in other states all around the country – there is something you can do about it,” spokeswoman Dawn Laguens said. “Register to vote, and vote for candidates who will protect women’s access to health care.”[/quote]
:thumbsup:

[quote=“Ermintrude”]No, I don’t watch American TV. i catch the occasional series. Liked ‘Dexter’. Police drama thing. Crackin’.
[/quote]
I don’t believe that gives you an accurate portrayal of American women or gender politics. :no-no:

If you haven’t actually lived in Texas, you can’t really understand how Neanderthal they are down there, nor how easily one little concession will lead to a ridiculous landslide until we have a weird, Bush-esque version of sharia law.

Really, cause I don’t know you from a jack in the box or a bottle of JD.

Maybe you should take your stalking somewhere else.

[quote=“rodeo”][quote=“Ermintrude”]No, I don’t watch American TV. i catch the occasional series. Liked ‘Dexter’. Police drama thing. Crackin’.
[/quote]
I don’t believe that gives you an accurate portrayal of American women or gender politics. :no-no:[/quote]

No, all the American people I know are wonderful: intelligent, kind, interesting and less given to snarky too-cool-for-schoolness than many Brit women. I don’t try to find out about countries from TV shows, I’m not really one for watching tv. It’s kind of dull.

It seriously pains me to see them downtrodden by evil stupid fucks like these. Yes, the plight of women in other shitty poor backwaters pains me too, but I have less access to their media because of language. I also have friends in Texas, but no friends in Darfur or India, so I don’t really have much of a connection with those things. I care about every single woman who gets belittled and hurt, but I can’t have an emotional connection to all, so I tend to react to stuff that affects me and mine. That’s pretty normal, I guess?

[quote=“Ermintrude”][quote=“rodeo”][quote=“Ermintrude”]No, I don’t watch American TV. i catch the occasional series. Liked ‘Dexter’. Police drama thing. Crackin’.
[/quote]
I don’t believe that gives you an accurate portrayal of American women or gender politics. :no-no:[/quote]

No, all the American people I know are wonderful: intelligent, kind, interesting and less given to snarky too-cool-for-schoolness than many Brit women. I don’t try to find out about countries from TV shows, I’m not really one for watching tv. It’s kind of dull.

It seriously pains me to see them downtrodden by evil stupid fucks like these. Yes, the plight of women in other shitty poor backwaters pains me too, but I have less access to their media because of language. I also have friends in Texas, but no friends in Darfur or India, so I don’t really have much of a connection with those things. I care about every single woman who gets belittled and hurt, but I can’t have an emotional connection to all, so I tend to react to stuff that affects me and mine. That’s pretty normal, I guess?[/quote]
OK, my only comment was that you might want to communicate it in a more mature way. :idunno: I mean title of the thread is about menstruation, which I recollect is kind of the opposite of being pregnant. It’s the kind of phrase heard in junior high or by adult men who are morons.

That being said, it’s not that I don’t disagree with you that the bill is awful. I do. But these politicians are for the most part doing what their constituents asked them to do, which is to further restrict abortion in the State of Texas.

Your original post was odd as it seemed that you thought Texas authorities were taking women’s tampons across the state in some kind of crackdown. They weren’t. It was in the Texas State House I believe, on that day. I don’t read anything about it being a process that will continue.

The bill has many failings, and yet you haven’t spoken to any of them. You just ranted. I thought you might want to actually talk about it, not vent empathy. :thumbsup:

OK? :slight_smile:

I’m pushing forty. This IS mature communication, son. I use my own words, I’m a woman and I’m not seeking to persuade men, I’m poking fun at the backward fucksticks. This is MY discourse. Meet me halfway, or don’t.

You haven’t said anything. And I’m over 40 and to me you sound like a knob. :laughing:

How’s that?

Irrelevant?