Sushi in Tainan

Hi all.
Aside from my teaching jobs, I finally started something on the side.
If you are in the Tainan area, I invite you to come and enjoy “authentic” American style sushi with great live music and cocktails in the heart of Tainan.

A little about myself…
I am a Japanese-American who grew up in Norcal. (Bay Area, to be exact.) After attending the University of Utah, I moved to Portland OR, to attend Le Cordon Blue in PDX. Upon completing the degree in 2004 as top 5 graduate and CC credential (Certified Chef), I began working in an American sushi restaurant. I got promoted in 2005 as a GM of the entire restaurant and worked there until March of 2012. While I was there, I held a ServeSafe certificate and was a candidate for Los Angeles Area Manager. (which obviously fell apart mainly due to my housing issue…sadly)

When I moved to Taiwan, I decided to drop all of this and pursue a different career, but after almost six years, I came to a realization about how volatile the teaching industry was, is, and probably will be and I needed to rethink about my family’s future.

After contemplating for an entire year, I decided to make a move. Luckily, I found a partner and an excellent location right away, and have been experimenting and taking my rust off. There just aren’t enough of this American sushi in Tainan, and maybe even Taiwan if I compare the taste and presentation. I am hoping I can get there slowly while making people happy with my craft.

Again, if you are in Southern Taiwan/Tainan, consider coming in for this event, enjoy the music, adequately made cocktails, and true, American-style sushi. Thanks and see some of you there!

Ray

3 Likes

Another week has passed, and another event incoming. This time, they invited a popular duo. We are coming along nicely, and I hope to see some of you at these events. Thanks!

We now have a FB page. We are open every Saturday night from 6 to 12!