SUV Question: V6 Or V8

I’ve heard V7s pull to the left.

V8s sound better.

exactly! :notworthy:

So what’s a VW?

I say v6

Tell Ms 914 it’s a v and she will newer find out the diference.

The v6 has less bearings than a v and for that reason it will give you more power for the money you put in as fuel.

My in laws has some old 4wd toyota with 4cyl and it’s good enough, but the 4wd system is just a way to waste fuel and power. If you can find something SUV like that pull only on two weel’s I would go for it.

As an SUV owner I’ll be happy to put in my two cents but have a couple of questions first…

1. Are you still in BC or down in Delta country and 2. Which model SUV are you looking at?

Answer those, and I’ll get back to you.

For what it’s worth…You know what I drive. I get about 11mpg city and maybe 16mpg highway with a lifted mid-size SUV. 190bhp 24valve V6. It’s adequate(for here it’s good), but hardly inspiring. I can tow 5000pounds with this setup. I would choose a V8 for my application because of the extra low end grunt/torque for off-roading. Plus, I could slap some headers on there and have serious high school flashbacks to the 70’s. Small block V8’s just sound…Ahhhhh.

Honestly, if you are just going to put around town and not do any serious off-roading, then the V6 should be more than enough. Also keep in mind potential resale value, and the fact that the larger engined SUV’s may have slightly sturdier drivetrains.

Lastly, not all V6’s and V8’s are created equal in terms of power, hence the questions above.