Sweating Problem - Excessive

So I heard that there’s this procedure called

Endoscopic T2-sympathicotomy (ETS) that cures the problem. Very little side effects, and even with the side effects most people say it’s worth it. Generally people would much rather sweat on the back, legs, abs (the side effects) rather than on the hands, armpits, and feet. The procedure is fast, simple, safe. Takes about 10-20 mins plus a few hours of monitoring of course. You can get in and out in one afternoon. Most people go back to their daily lives the very next day.

Anybody know of anyone that has done this procedure? How were the results?

And the pioneer of the procedure is Taiwanese!

http://www.hyperhidrosis.com/dr_lin.htm
But to address your question . . . no idea.
Sorry.

HG

Chinese doctor told me I needed to change eating habits from

[quote]have someone from home send an anti-bacterial soap. I haven

WD,

Since summer began I have had the same problem, it seems to be worse this year than any other summer I have lived in Taiwan. I sweat at night as well. I think this summer is just simply hotter. But if you are worried, deffinately go see a doctor.

I am going to share a little secret with ya’ll.
I need some positive ratings, so if you’d be so kind as to give me nice high ratings I’ll continue to share.

Thanks in advance.

UNO - cool body mist by Shiseido really does the trick. Spray it on and your boby feels nice and cool and you don’t sweat too much at all.

Also, some excercise helps too as a low resting pulse rate stops sweating to a certain degree, or so I am led to believe.

Another sweating related problem. Anyone else find the armpit portions of their shirts get stained easily? I guess this is related to the powder spray type of deodorants I’ve been using - but I can’t find any other kind in the stores here. Kind of a white stain that doesn’t come out too well even after a long cycle in the washing machine. Anyone got some tips on how to remove these stains? Or a brand of deodorant that doesn’t leave stains? Thanks.

you could get a botrox injection in your armpits…heard that would stop the sweating, but i guess it’s quite expensive and most people use it against wrinkles in their face.

Update. I just spent a month in Thailand, and ate a lot of spicy Thai food every day. I garnished it with a lot of chili pepper and vinegar. My Taiwanese girlfriend complained that I reeked when I sweated. Absolutely foul-smelling. (she described it in Chinese as “sao wei”). I got a whiff of myself, and I have to say, my sweat smelled a lot like uric acid. Sour and acidic.

I’ve changed my diet quite a bit now that I’m back in Taiwan. No garlic or onions. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, but no durian. Not much meat. No chili pepper. Basically, I try to go with with foods that don’t have an “essence” to them. No spices or anything strong smelling.

After 2 weeks of this, my girlfriend says I smell better, but not completely better. I have a feeling my liver, kidneys, or intestines are clogged, and my body is excreting waste through my skin instead. (Is this medically possible?) If this is the case, I’m thinking of doing a fast on apple juice in order to purge my liver.

I don’t relate to any of you who’ve seen or experienced localized sweating underarm or on their hands and feet. I sweat EVERYWHERE BUT my hands and feet! I noticed that some of the foulest smelling sweat I excrete is not only under my arms, but between my shoulder blades.

I ruin white t-shirts. My sweat stains them yellow under the arms after about 20 wears, and around the collar, and this yellow stain can’t be easily bleached away. My mattress also has foul-smelling yellow stains on my side of the bed, where the upper part of me lies.

Something in me is obviously imbalanced. My metabolism is, and has always been, out of control fast. I can eat three huge meals a day and still be skinny as a stick. Still, I tend to reek of whatever I’ve recently put in me. I can have a single beer, and an hour later, I’ll meet someone who’ll sniff me and ask, “Are you drunk?”

I’m not happy about all this, because I very much enjoy eating spicy food. I love garlic and chili peppers. I could eat Indian food every day of my life. I don’t understand how some people can eat the grossest, stinkiest diets possible, and still not seem to excrete it through their pores.

My skin isn’t good, and has never been good. Besides excreting too much sweat, it’s thin, pasty, and sensitive. My face, neck, and scalp are very oily. I was one pimple-faced teenager.

Am I genetically cursed, or is something in my body out of whack?

Yeah? You try it on a fast metabolism! If you’re gonna fast you need to have something to fall back on. I have the same build as Wandrin’ and 12 hours without fuel sees me semi-comatose. 2 days? No fucking way.

Dave, I don’t think the problem is specifically to do with the your metabolic rate. I’m currently at 65kgs, which is the heaviest I’ve ever been, and am 180cm tall. I’m sweating (a lot) now due to humidity, but I don’t think I have anything like the scale of problem you describe.

Most interestingly, gfs in the past have commented to me that I don’t really have a smell unless I’ve been working hard. Even then it’s a ‘healthy’ odour. What kind of soap do I use? Basically none. Just sluice the sweat off and go find a towel. Been doing it for years and seem to do fine.

I have used shower gels, which are not really soaps, and nothing changed - but not real soap. (I use deep cleansing soap (girly stuff) on my face occasionally to keep the grime-induced spots at bay. Shampoo for hair.)

Also, as a kid I always had smelly feet. These days I get barefoot whenever I can, and have no problems. In fact I take my clothes off as soon as I get through the door. (Coming into my home!) ‘Get some fresh air to your body’ was a constant refrain from the adults around me as a kid, and it seems to work.

Hey, and I don’t use aircon - try to avoid it whenever I can. Just sweat naturally and keep pouring liquids back in - 3-4 litres a day at present.

Diet? Curry fiend. Read this article for info on what that stuff is supposed to do for you. Do indians or thai people smell bad? Nope.

Come to think of it, I’ve noticed that chinese don’t seem to have anything like the BO problems that many westerners do in their own countries. I’ve sat next to plenty of smelly bastards on buses ‘at home’, but never noticed a malodorous asian.

My cure-all for skin problems is to go to a beach and spend a couple of weeks killing any bacteria etc. with a combination of UV and salt water.

As for the Qi Gong thing. I think exercise is important, but my TaiJi teacher - a laowai - reeks sometimes.

I disagree … I’ve smelt some East Indians that sweat curry! And I am not trying to be funny but yes they did smell like curry when they sweated. Not fun when you have to sit on a long bus ride in the middle of winter in Winnipig

What we eat does affect the way we smell.

My best friend in Canada is a buddiest nun and she spent 2yrs living on a montain in Quebec. She said when she finally came into the city everyone smelt really bad! She could instantly tell if you were a meat eater or not!

Smelling like curry is not smelling BAD.