🇸🇪 Sweden | Impressions of Sweden

Yeah when I visited Stockholm I thought people dressed fine. I also thought men there were generally good-looking, though they could be tourists too.

1 Like

This. That city is a master class in how men can age with dignity.

Guy

1 Like

Fashionable men combined with unfashionable women is bad news.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahaaahahahahahahhhaaahhhhhaaaa! unless by fit, you mean fat women squished into yoga pants like sausage casings, in which case I apologize.

Do you spend all day in Walmart?

2 Likes

some 90+% of American consumers shop at Walmart in a year, over 40% in a given week, so if that’s your perception of Walmart shoppers, that should be your perception of Americans in general.

1 Like

She pales in comparison to Alice

1 Like

Also Margaret Trudeau …

I will be back the area next month, I will see if they wear shorts after summer. Good in Taiwan, that we can wear shorts all year with the weather and relaxed dress standards (at least to me, some tell me Taiwan has nice local dress)

3 Likes

Some moderator has too much time.

2 Likes

Just cleaning up some titles and make it easier to find threads.

2 Likes

Appreciate it.

Currency dropped a lot so cheaper for Euros and Taiwanese.

1 Like

Still people wearing shorts in the Baltics

And nice weather in Lithuania (Trekai) thought at 17c much colder than Taiwan

6 Likes

:thinking:

I think my one-week experience beats her 3-year experience.

1 Like

All the Scandinavian countries are on this route. In the last elections in Sweden just a few weeks ago the nationalistic party had another major win. They’ve been kept out of the main stream politics by other parties for years but its not possible anymore as they are getting over 20% of the vote. This means the policies with allowing foreigners into Sweden is getting some radical changes.

What she is calling racist is called “Asian culture” here. Has she not visited her mother’s land yet? Or is it only racist when their skin shade is light?

Btw not defending Swedes but how is she going to bitch about Sweden when her mother’s culture is the SAME.

4 Likes

Xenophobia will rise everywhere with economic and social uncertainty and fear of immigration waves caused by war and climate change. Sad that the countries with arguably the most advanced social systems can fall victim to populism and extremism like everyone else.

4 Likes

Frankly, Sweden needed me more than I needed it. The company that generously relocated me from US actually recruited me for over half a year and practically begged me to relocate here because they were unable to find anyone qualified enough in all of Sweden to do my job.

Somebody thinks they are more important than they are.

1 Like

How did they find you? LinkedIn? I want to be recruited by them :joy: