Sweet Pickles, Hotdog Buns, and Real Hot Dogs

Looking for 3 things.

• Sweet Pickles (bread and butter type) not dill

• Hotdog Buns

• Hotdogs (no wurst or suasages, good ol hot dogs)

I have not been able to locate these things in and around my neighborhood. I tried Wellcome, Carrefore, & Sunmade

hot dog buns in costco. they used to sell kosher beef hotdogs (biggies), but it’s all pork now. :rant:

i would imagine jasons would carry them. smokies are still in costco, but the price has doubled in the last year - no more for me.

I know you can find hotdog buns and hotdogs at Wellman’s grocery in Tienmu. The hotdogs are located in the freezer section of this grocery store. They sell Oscar Meyer hotdogs (different varieties) and some other brand I believe. They probably sell the other item you are looking for. They sell alot of food items that you would find in the United States.

[quote=“xtrain”]hot dog buns in costco. they used to sell kosher beef hotdogs (biggies), but it’s all pork now. :rant:

i would imagine jasons would carry them. smokies are still in costco, but the price has doubled in the last year - no more for me.[/quote]

I’ve been lamenting the loss of those beef franks for a long time now. The pork ones cover the crave, but it’s not like it was.

It’s also been three years now that Cost Co hasn’t had Canadian Farmer’s Sausage. I miss that stuff dearly .

[quote=“derek1978”]Looking for 3 things.

• Sweet Pickles (bread and butter type) not dill
    [/quote]
    You must go to City Super and buy these before they are all sold out. They are amazing. I will be going back in the next couple of days to stock up. Crispy, refreshig, the best bread and butter pickles I have ever had. Ahem…better than grandma’s.

They also just started selling crispy Claussen Whole Dill Deli pickles there too. Get them before I do.

bubbies.com/prod_bread_butter.shtml

Hot dog buns at Wellmen’s. Hot dogs, well, lots of variety, none of them perfect. Look around at the foreign grocers.

City Super: Far Eastern Hotel Shopping Mall
Breeze Super: Breeze Shopping center
Jason’s : Taipei 101
Jason’s : Takashimaya (TienMu)
E-Store Taiwan http://www.estoretaiwan.com/
Wellmen’s TienMu, Chung Shan Sect. 6, next to the Subber.

[quote=“Hobart”]

City Super: Far Eastern Hotel Shopping Mall
Breeze Super: Breeze Shopping center
Jason’s : Taipei 101
Jason’s : Takashimaya (Tianmu)
Wellmen’s Tianmu, Zhongshan Sect. 6, next to the Subber.[/quote]

Mmmm bread and butter pickles… now that makes me miss home… Shame E-Store’s not on the list but I will be adding more next week so maybe I can make it then… :slight_smile:

[quote=“Proto_tw”]Mmmm bread and butter pickles… now that makes me miss home… Shame E-Store’s not on the list but I will be adding more next week so maybe I can make it then… :slight_smile:[/quote]I just edited my post to include you, I had forgotten about your store. Sorry. Loks like you keep improving. Honestly, I haven’t ordered anything from you yet, because I can find most things here in TienMu, but if I lived anywhere else I would be ordering all of the time. Regards…

Thanks, appreciate the kind words. It’s a work in progress and I’ll continue to do my best to get the best prices… Pretty soon I hope to be so reasonable even those in Tien-mu will consider E-Store… :slight_smile:

I’ve seen those bread & butter pickles. What exactly are they? And why do they have that name?

Instead of tasting bitter or sour like dill picles (vineger taste) they taste sweet with a bit of a tang to them. They are great on sandwiches (hence the bread and butter reference) but I have never had a pickle and butter sandwich.

I like to put them in tuna fish sandwiches, make sweet relish with them, and put them on bologne and cheese sandwiches. Yummy!

You should try them when you get the chance!

I might just do that, although my pickle requirements are filled admirably with extra-fine cornichons in wine vinegar. I can’t imagine bread & butter pickles having the fortitude to outshine cornichons.

[quote=“sandman”]I might just do that, although my pickle requirements are filled admirably with extra-fine cornichons in wine vinegar. I can’t imagine bread & butter pickles having the fortitude to outshine cornichons.[/quote]Cornichons sound like sissy food. North Americans don’t eat pickles with extra-fine sissy French names.

Is anyone else fond of peanut butter sandwiches with bread-and-butter pickles? I used to eat those all the time when I was a kid, haven’t had one in ages.

Good news about the Claussen’s pickles, too!

[quote=“500CBFan”]Is anyone else fond of peanut butter sandwiches with bread-and-butter pickles? I used to eat those all the time when I was a kid, haven’t had one in ages.

Good news about the Claussen’s pickles, too![/quote]

Wasn’t that Elvis’s favorite dish??? :wink: