Swimming clubs

Are swimming clubs common in Taipei? I mean the kind run by volunteers, where adults and children have regular training sessions and competitions with other clubs? How would I find out about them - just turn up at the local pool and ask?

I haven’t done any investigation into clubs for kids, but clubs for adults do not seem to be particularly common or easy to find. I would love to find a group to train with, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. There is a yearly competition run by the Taiwan Masters for adults (I participated last year viewtopic.php?f=54&t=64279#p1210167). I vaguely remember seeing info abouit competitions for kids somewhere, but I don’t remember where.

You could try out these websites, perhaps someone with better Chinese ability than me can get more out of them.
swimming.org.tw/
masterswim.org.tw/

If you do find a club for adults somewhere around Taipei, I’d love to hear about it.

[quote=“zyzzx”]I haven’t done any investigation into clubs for kids, but clubs for adults do not seem to be particularly common or easy to find. I would love to find a group to train with, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. There is a yearly competition run by the Taiwan Masters for adults (I participated last year viewtopic.php?f=54&t=64279#p1210167). I vaguely remember seeing info abouit competitions for kids somewhere, but I don’t remember where.

You could try out these websites, perhaps someone with better Chinese ability than me can get more out of them.
swimming.org.tw/
masterswim.org.tw/

If you do find a club for adults somewhere around Taipei, I’d love to hear about it.[/quote]

Thanks for the info zyzzx. If I find out more I’ll let you know.