Swimming Technique

[quote=“asiababy”]Flying fish,

I can ask my Red Cross swimming coaches if anyone is interested in teaching you, is it one-on-one or small group? We train at Youth Park pool. if you are interested, pm me with your number.[/quote]
Are you learning CPR and stuff? I think I should learn that. I’ve learned other rescue stuff, like how to swim back to shore with a body.

miltownkid,
The red cross lifeguard course includes 2 days of basic first aid, with separate cpr certificate. the “10-styles” course (pre-requisite to instructor) includes an advanced first-aid course. You can attend the first-aid part without doing the swimming training, and they run courses for the public, too. I did all my training in Chinese, but they have done English-language courses, too. if you are interested, I’ll find the right person for you to talk to.

I use breast swiming simply because I hate water in my face.

I think it because I had some bad exsperience with a slipery pier and deep water witch my grand dad saved me from :frowning:

I have no problem swining for 1hour even it’s 3 or 4 years since last time I really swim

asiababy,

Thank for information. It is one to one class. Where is Youth park? Do they have heated swimming pool? What is cost? Thanks

Serape effect. The guy highlighted in the video has some ugly form, but I guess he’s just a kick ass open water swimmer (did great at Kona some years ago). They highlight the serape effect which he takes advantage of. I imagine his very high stroke rate and ability to kick hard for a long time, among other things, are also factors to his success.

Anyway, most of us don’t have a classic swim form, so we definitely should be looking into this serape effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myillyVFDH8

2 Likes