Swimming Trunks...store suggestions

/ok ok.

I’ve gone to three different stores. One on Shi-Da Lu. One on Fushing S (north of Zhong Xiao). And one right at Shi-Da.

Not luving the speedos or thigh huggers, but that is what the pool I am swimming at requires.

A couple of things:

If I am going to get the speedos, I’d really like red. All I have seen is black and blue.

And I need a place where I can try on the swimsuits. I’ll keep my undergarments on, but I do want to try the swimsuit. I’ve been denied at some stores and its rather hit and miss.

Any store suggestions?

There’s a shop on the corner of my street in Yong He. Want me to take a look for you?

a swim shop in yonghe?

that would be great as i am in chung he

if you could i would appreciate it

if u just give me the location or address, i can just go either way

[quote=“chichow”]I need a place where I can try on the swimsuits. I’ll keep my undergarments on, but I do want to try the swimsuit. I’ve been denied at some stores and its rather hit and miss.

Any store suggestions?[/quote]

A couple of years ago I bought swim trunks at Sogo. They had a fairly large selection, dressing rooms, and had no problem with one trying them on first. In fact, when I bought mine I was unsure if they fit so I asked the attractive young sales girl, so she came over pulled the waist out while looking down the front, slapped me on the butt and gave her seal of approval. I bought them, of course, and intended to go back to buy more on subsequent days but never got around to it. Regrettably, she’s probably gone by now, but I expect one can still try on swim trunks there.

If you want some proper swimming trunks (speeedo? My god!) then try the exporting shops on Chungshan North Rd. sec 7 past the American school and the intersection of Tienmou W. Road and Chungshan.

Check the stores past the fitness center on the right side of Chungshan…Good selection of surfer shorts and the like…

I wear speedos under my wetsuit when diving, but until today would never admit it… :astonished:

costco was selling speedo bathing suits (not the grape-smugglers) for a decent price 2-3 weeks ago for any guys who need a new suit. deep pockets, and a waterproof back pocket if you don’t want to leave your cash when you go for a dip …

only saw guys’ suits, and your color selection is limted to blue. don’t think you can try them on, unless you don’t mind an audience … :laughing:

[quote=“MJB”]If you want some proper swimming trunks (speeedo? My god!) then try the exporting shops on Zhongshan North Rd. sec 7 past the American school and the intersection of Tianmu W. Road and Zhongshan.

Check the stores past the fitness center on the right side of Zhongshan…Good selection of surfer shorts and the like…

I wear speedos under my wetsuit when diving, but until today would never admit it… :astonished:[/quote]

like i said it was the pool regulation. we tried to get away with even the short short board shorts. lifeguard said nope. we ssaid it has an inner lining. lifeguard still said nope. According to him, we were wearing "exercise shorts “yun dong ku”

so speedos it easy. hey i’m doing laps anyways. but still still if they wanna see that gut overhang when I get out then don’t blame me when they go blind :smiling_imp:

Just go the whole hog and get a thong… Strut around the pool in a matching bathing cap and thong and kewl speedo goggles… that should get lots of attention…

And as there is less fabric you’ll probably go faster as well… less resistance!

Cheers