Switch everyone to prosilver?

Why tan color? Why the love for tan?
Or is it beige? Hell, who knows…

A very light gray would be much easier on the eyes.

[quote=“k.k.”]Why tan color? Why the love for tan?
Or is it beige? Hell, who knows…[/quote]
I know. It’s supposed to be a shade of gold: See Color 4 at this link

… but the ColorizeIt website isn’t intuitive, at least not to me. I was happy I got close, but I’m not done with it yet (Numquam Morire!)

Besides, I have friends in Manila named “Tan” :discodance:
(“Tan” is the Filipinized spelling of the Hokkien pronunciation of the Mandarin surname “Chen” <-- say THAT 3 times really fast)

chenchenchen

No prob.

Is there any way to make the line between the signature section and the post more distinctive? It may just be me, but that light blue line is almost indistinguishable

At some point, hopefully some of the extras like the below-avatar indicator of whether someone is online will be installed in the prosilver version. We also need it in the profile view. It’s very useful to mods (and posters) to know which of several mods in a section to PM if some action needs to be taken.

Yes, I’ll look to change this. Thanks for pointing it out

Can you see the pro_Ubuntu theme in your profile? This one has the online indicator. I thought prosilver has it, too. Any case, I may use pro_Ubuntu as a starting point (it is based on prosilver, so I am checking if it will be as easy to upgrade as prosilver itself)

I can see it in the profile, yes, but I’d prefer to continue to test whichever theme you plan to implement as mandatory later, rather than switching around each time I need a particular feature. IMO it’s very confusing and unnecessarily complex to have people on different versions, each complaining about different things. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fair enough. Both of those are prosilver themes (therefore acceptable) and the differences between them are in their layout and colors.

I started this thread with the hope to see suggestions on what people would like to eventually see in the prosilver. Your pointing out the missing online indicator is exactly what I was hoping for. But I am trying out pro_ubuntu for other reasons.

Please keep the suggestions and feedback coming in. This is part of our development process, which is mostly behind the scenes. It is messy and disorganized, but at this stage, I do not want to hold back from trying out things.

Ah, I see. Ok, well, ubuntu has the same low-contrast text problem; medium tan text on a light tan background means eyestrain. Just to let you know, it’s not a trivial concern for me, personally, as I already have eyestrain problems every day. I’ll check out the rest of ubuntu for a while since it’s a form of prosilver. Cheers!

EDIT: I’ve already found one small gripe with ubuntu (aside from it being disconcerting to have all the avatars moved to the right-hand side). In the View new posts mode, which is generally what I keep up and refresh, the links which normally read [quote]View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics [/quote] aren’t there at the top; the ‘view new posts’ which is displayed large is not an active link, just a view label, so clicking on it doesn’t refresh the page. I know I could click the browser’s refresh tab, but that’s not as handy.

Worse yet is the fact that those same links are missing when one is in other locations such as after submitting a post, so one has to go to the index page looking for them, and then go to the new posts.

Thanks. I noticed that too.

Btw, moving the user details (called a “mini-profile”) to the right was another change of prosilver, i.e. it’s supposed to be that way. The idea is to keep emphasis of the discussions on the posts, and away from the writers.

It’s nice to have the links to the FAQ, Rules, etc. handy at all times (in the old Forumosa style). If the move to prosilver is just for the purpose of having a better underlying architecture or something, I’d like to see as much as possible left unchanged from the old format.

Another problem: the quick mod tools pull-down menu (with TEN options) is missing in ubuntu, and after clicking on the MCP link, I only see [quote]Display options, Split topic, and Merge topic [/quote], which is pretty wimpy. How am I supposed to lock, move, change to sticky or unsticky, etcetera?

I’ve been using prosilver for a few weeks now. Totally used to it. No problem. All good.

I have used the Prosilver for 2 months now. Didn’t notice any improvements in it. Actually it seemed to not do a few things, like allowing a “post to” click to let one log in and then be directed to the thread you want to “post to” happen.

So, I switched back to the Original Forumosa format.