Switching from ARC to student VISA- I'm Canadian

Do I have to leave the country to switch from an ARC to a student VISA? I’m Canadian and if I leave the country, they won’t let me back in (no matter where I go). Does anyone know or have a phone number of someone to call? Also, how far ahead of time do I have to arrange this? My job contract is done June 30th and my ARC expires July 23rd. Thanks.

Well I got my answer…looks like I have to leave Taiwan and re-enter.