Switching passports in Taiwan

If you have an ARC issued on the strength of a marriage visa, you can work legally. Why didn’t he just tell the guy to fuck off? Weird.

Hi all,

Thanks for the info. I went to the Immigration office and they said there is no problem as long as I do the exit on my El Salvador passport and then entry/exit at HK with my US passport and then it is just a normal visa run. So, everything looks good. I will check with HK just in case. Thanks again.

If you have an ARC issued on the strength of a marriage visa, you can work legally. Why didn’t he just tell the guy to fuck off? Weird.[/quote]

He was waiting for the ARC.

He said there are new rules (akin to a western country) regarding marriage.
They had to go to interviews, the authorities came round to his place more than a few times, etc etc.

If you have an ARC issued on the strength of a marriage visa, you can work legally. Why didn’t he just tell the guy to fuck off? Weird.[/quote]

He was waiting for the ARC.

He said there are new rules (akin to a western country) regarding marriage.
They had to go to interviews, the authorities came round to his place more than a few times, etc etc.[/quote]
Oh, I see. Yeah, I guess prior to obtaining the ARC you’d not be able to work.
Those guys tried to call me a few times, too, now that I remember, but I just told them “ta bu dzai” each time. They came by my house as well, but I refused to let them in, refused to talk to them and told them through the closed door that my wife was out of the country, so they buggered off and never came back.