Sym t2 250 efi

After trailing CPI since 2008 in the 250cc motorcycle class, SYM pulls ahead of CPI by adding EFI in 2012. SYM T2 250 EFI (aka Wolf SB250Ni ). 6 speed tranny, EURO 3 emisssions, 173 kg (dry), AND 24.7 hp (18.4 KW). Any owner reports?

That bike is still going to be a turd. It is obnoxiously heavy.

173 kgs. What is the average weight for those bikes?

The CPI SM 250 weighs 115 kgs and and I think 24 hp. That is a huge difference.

rk, on your recent circum-wan ride, would the saddle on the T2 have been more comfortable than that on the CPI?

I would say so. I was the only one that was in the most pain. I have ridden my CPI from Taoyuan to Hualien before and that was hard on my ass too. If I do mountain rides though, then my ass is usually ok, but anything around 4 hours or more it starts to be really uncomfortable.

I have never ridden a T2 but I bet it is way more comfortable. That T2 is not going to have nearly as much power though as the CPI

Agreed re: power, though I like the design of the SYM and the company’s QC. I’ve sat on a T2… for 6’2" the CPI ergos are much better … except for the saddle. After 3 hours on a CPI saddle, I get monkey butt that lasts 3 days. I now use an AirHawk cushion on enduro saddles. Raises my c/g a bit, but it avoids 3 days of literal PITA.

But they claim 24.7 hp… so that´s the power, which is greater than CPI´s. The problem is that to accelerate that weight decently you might need more power, perhaps.

I personally hate the outfit of the Quannons and their riders (dunno why :smiley:), let´s see how this T2 looks…

Power/weight ratio? Better on a CPI. CPI: 115 kg (factory says 107 kg) and 24 hp. T2: 173 kg and 24.7hp. Just find someone to drag race that’s 70kg heavier … you get the idea, the T2 is a slug, but a comfortable slug, and weighs less than most 250cc scooters (which usually come in at about 180+ kg).

[quote=“jesus80”]But they claim 24.7 hp… so that´s the power, which is greater than CPI´s. The problem is that to accelerate that weight decently you might need more power, perhaps.

I personally hate the outfit of the Quannons and their riders (dunno why :smiley:), let´s see how this T2 looks…[/quote]

A .7 of a hp really doesn’t count for greater horse power. The T2 will be so more more comfortable, but it will just be a turd in performance compared to the CPI. That is just the truth!

I would have much rather ridden that T2 around the island though, hahahahhaha.

[quote=“rk1951”][quote=“jesus80”]But they claim 24.7 hp… so that´s the power, which is greater than CPI´s. The problem is that to accelerate that weight decently you might need more power, perhaps.

I personally hate the outfit of the Quannons and their riders (dunno why :smiley:), let´s see how this T2 looks…[/quote]

A .7 of a hp really doesn’t count for greater horse power. The T2 will be so more more comfortable, but it will just be a turd in performance compared to the CPI. That is just the truth!

I would have much rather ridden that T2 around the island though, hahahahhaha.[/quote]

Uhm, the thing is that last weekend I rode for a while a CPI. I felt it perhaps slightly more powerful than mine (suzuki tu250), and asked the guy if it was 24hp as I thought. He said it was 20hp, hence when I wrote this I thought of 20 not 24. I also don’t want to reckon that the CPI has 4 more hp than mine :frowning: