Syphilis

I have a big problem coz i found out that I probably have contracted syphilis. I have all the symptoms. I have the initial sore since last month. And I’ve been feeling weak and depressed right now. Also I have swolen lymphnodes. Since last month, I ve been trying to go to a hospital to get myself treated. I was about to go to a hospital later. And fortunately I saw the forums here. I will get deported if they find out that I have syphilis.

I am thinking of self treatment. I know that I need to buy some tetracyclines if I want to take it orally. Do you guys know if they ask for prescriptions in drugstores? Do any of you know how much do I need to take in a day? I’ll be in deep sh*t if my someone will find out about my case. I’m not sure… but I’m pretty sure that this is syphilis. I mean could this be another disease?? chancre sore in genital area, weight loss, rashes?

I really need to do this alone to survive… Please give me some advice… I can also wait for 2 months then I could get myself treated back home. I study here in taiwan… and my whole future will be jeopardized if someone will know. I’m 19 years old… any advice???

Stop thinking you can fight an STD by yourself.

Go to the hospital, get your bore punched and take the meds.

get your bore punched[/quote]

Holy moley, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what this means.
Maybe that’s a good thing??

get your bore punched[/quote]

Holy moley, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what this means.
Maybe that’s a good thing??[/quote]

I’m sure TC and comrade stalin know. :smiling_imp:

Find out for sure: can/will you be kicked out? Is it syphilis? What are the possible consequences of leaving the condition untreated for months?

I don’t know… could you go to a clinic without your health card or id? Pay cash. Leave your cell number–disposable cell if you’re really paranoid/careful–and give a false address. I suppose you’d have to go back a few times… don’t make appointments before hand. Take a number, sit and wait. Go to different clinics each time if you’re really worried: “Hi, I’ve got these meds, and the doc said blah-blah-blah. What do you think?” Get treated, get gone: hit and run health care. Probably not the best idea but definitely better than doing nothing or trying to treat yourself. You know what they say of people who act as their own lawyer in court: they’ve got a fool for a client. Goes double for those treating themselves.

Whatever you think, you WILL NOT die of embarrassment. The consequences of whatever you’ve got, on the other hand, may be significant and long term.

Whatever you do, be careful.

You’ll be in even deeper sh*t if you give it to her.

untreated syphilis will kill you

go home for a ‘holiday’ and have it treated. dont treat yourself.

and if you do have it be careful… be responsible, dont hurt others

What AWOL and Josefus said. This is not something to act the fool on.

Exactly what they said.

Syphillis passes from stages one to three. The final stage it attacks the brain and cannot be treated. It will kill you if you leave it unchecked. Get home, get to HK. Thailand could be cheaper (but for fecksake keep it in your pants until you have the all clear).

Off topic somewhat, but isn’t this an absurd example of just how stupid deporting somioen for Aids or the pox is?

HG

Yes…yes I do…<ouch!>

crease -
Get thee to a clinic…[color=red]NOW![/color].

Take care, man. Do whatever it takes, and do it now. And keep it in your pants, please.

Condoms, anyone?

I love condoms since the first and only time I caught an std. Absolutely love them. I’ve had the vicious swab. It’s not that bad.

cleanbillofhealth

I think there is an anonymous STD clinic in Xi Men Ding. Not sure of the address though. Anyone hear about it?

Yes, It’s down by the movie theaters in Xi men, south of them though, right next to an old ratty looking NET and across from the eslite … (I think) Go in there and ask them to see a doctor, they ask for ID, but if you say you didn’t bring it but you really need treatment and testing, they will let you in and let you use a ‘fake name’. You can go there and get tested and treated with out fearing deportation or being reported. :sunglasses: GOdd Luck. Either way, if you decide to be treated here or to take a holiday and get treated else where do it right away. Good luck.

i’m really confused…

so options:

1. go to ximending … give fake name

2.go to any hospital. (is it the same as health clinic?)

1. treat myself…

im thinking of treating myself, since it’s just easy to take oral antibiotics…

what do you think? I mean if I go to a hospital, I risk myself getting deported. I can’t go home since I really dont have that enough cash, and my mom will be surprised if I go back.

Please don’t be foolish. Is there any comparison between deportation (and is it certain that you’ll be deported?) and your life? Why not go to Hong Kong or Thailand for a short “vacation” as others have suggested in order to get treatment? I don’t think curing syphilis is as simple as taking an oral antibiotic. I believe that you need labwork to establish a baseline titer of the infection in you, and then follow-up labwork that shows the infection is clearing. Do you have the ability to do that on your own, I doubt it. Another problem with self-treatment, is that you are in Taiwan - do you speak fluent Mandarin? Do you know the names of the antibiotics that you’d need in Mandarin? The whole language barrier thing is a bit worrisome. Will the Pharmacist REALLY understand what you’re trying to buy?

[quote]Potential Complications of untreated, under-treated syphilis:
Cardiovascular disease
Central nervous system disease
Membranous glomerulonephritis (Kidney disease)
Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinemia
Organ damage that cannot be reversed
Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, marked by fever, chills, headache, myalgias, new rash

Info taken 2003 Griffith’s 5 Minute Clinical Consultant.[/quote]

Bodo

[quote=“crease”]I’m really confused…

so options:

1. go to Ximending … give fake name

2.go to any hospital. (is it the same as health clinic?)

1. treat myself…

im thinking of treating myself, since it’s just easy to take oral antibiotics…

what do you think? I mean if I go to a hospital, I risk myself getting deported. I can’t go home since I really dont have that enough cash, and my mom will be surprised if I go back.[/quote]

Whatever you do, get to a doctor. I believe treatment requires an intramuscular injection rather than an oral antibiotic. There’s loads of information on the Web (such as cdc.gov/std/Syphilis/STDFact-Syphilis.htm), but get to a doctor. If for no ther reason than to be sure it’s really syphilis.

O ok… since the vacation will be on july do you think it will be ok if I wait another 2 months?? Would that two months be long enough for the bacteria to have adverse effect on me? I got tested when I came here last september and the results were negaitive… So … I think I have secondary syphilis. But I think it will not became latent that fast … comments???

Jump on a plane tomorrow to HK. Get treated. Is this thing eating at your brain already? I can’t believe you’re even considering self treatment or waiitng.

Sorry to be so abrupt. Its for your own good. Just seems you need a kick in the behind to get it together.

Here is the list as far as I can tell.

1. Go home now. Not an option. I can understand that. “Hi Mum, I thought I’d come home early because I think I have syphilis”

2. Go to a local hospital. Sounds very stressful if you think there is a risk you will be deported. I don’t think anonymous will work. Others may have another opinion or facts about this?

3. Get yourself to Hong Kong. Get blood work and treatment. It’s just as likely you have something else entirely and you’ll be relieved. Just do it now.

Dude just go to the clinic in Xi men! it’s the only place in Taiwan that will treat you with no questions asked… it’s right here, they have doctors (it is a hospital, just specifially for std’s and sexually related stuff). GET TREATED IMEDIATLY! :wall: It’s not worth thr risk of waiting! Especailly when treatment is available here. you don’t need to go to hong kong or thaialnd.

Good news.

I also found this place while googling just now (not sure if the same as mentioned above). Perhaps phone them to check if you can indeed be treated anonymously. It does seem you can get help today.

Testing is possible at

STD Clinic Taipei
  2F, 100 Kunming Street,
  Phone +886 2 2370 3739
  (Anonymous tests with rapid response are possible without any problems)