Syphilis

Wow, you are playing with fire.

You THINK?

Did you miss the part where someone said “It can KILL you.”

head
sand
remove

Repeat after me.

Self treatment is not an option. Self treatment is not an option. Self treatment is not an option.

Now get your ass to one of the clinics already mentioned, or head to HK for the weekend.

You’ll be in even deeper sh*t if you give it to her.[/quote]

The OP doesn’t mention his/her gender.

You get deported for syphilis? Where did you get that idea? Is it written in some document or rule somewhere?

It’s one of the things they test for in the health exams for foreign workers, so I imagine it’s a “deportable” condition:
english.taipei.gov.tw/TCG/index.jsp?recordid=166

hey does anyone klnow about that? I’ve always wondered, bc they used to test for pregnancy, (now they don’t test for drugs either). I think you won’t get deported, but your work permit will be denied if you have a scary disease or something. But honestly I don’t know and I have always wondered about that…

It’s stated quite clearly in health guidelines that foreigners testing positive for syphilis or Aids are to be deported. These are notifiable diseases, this means any incidence is supposed to be reported to the health authorities so they can monitor the prevalence. Most countries have this system in place.

HG

Dude it probably isn’t what you think it is. You could jump a plane to HK at the weekend, see a doctor and be back before work on Monday. They can e.mail your blood results and if you explain the situation can probably give you a prescription prior to the reults coming out.

This guy has great English
Dr Stephen W Chow
+852 2890 5295
He is in Causeway Bay, but why not call him first explain your symptoms and get some professional advice?

Just thought I better let everyone know that the anonymous testing at Kunming and everywhere else people have mentioned is just that, testing. If you are positive and want treatment, then it becomes a notifiable condition as HG said and you will be given 3 months to leave the Island. You will be treated though which is nice of them! No such thing as anonymous where the R.O.C is concerned :astonished:

Wow! That’s bad. :noway:

Thailand’s Bumrungrad hospital is reputable and probably a cheaper option than HK.

HG

You kind of sound like you’re just being paranoid.

But, in order to settle your nerves, here’s what you should do.

Go to the Ximendin STD clinic. Without ID, if you are really afraid.
Ask for an anonymous blood test.

It’s like, 50 nt.

Wait a week and call back for the results. If you actually have syphilis, then worry.

If you contracted it recently, for most people the primary and secondary stages last 1-2 years, so it shouldn’t affect you too much and if you get treated in July that should be okay.

It’s probably best not to have sex or even kiss anyone until you’ve been treated and recovered. It can be transmitted through the membrane tissue of the mouth, gentials, and anus. Condoms can slip, and accidents do happen.

If you have a girlfriend or sexual partners here, you should tell them. Every single one of them. Even if you feel ashamed, not telling them would be killing them.

Anyway, hurry up and get yourself tested.

Ah yes Bumrungrad is a good idea as they will answer queries by e.mail

appointment@bumrungrad.com

you can also call +66(0)26671000

One more thing on the deportation possibilities. Amazingly, if you can prove (and you really have to be able to do this) that you caught Syphilis or HIV from a Taiwanese citizen then you are allowed to stay and have treatment! :astonished:

You should use Google to find out about how they test for syphillis and other STDs. I think they can just test your piss now, and not need to jam a swab into your urethera, or take a blood test. You can also find out about treatment too. But yes maybe go abroad for treatment rather than try to treat yourself, or risk deportation.

errr… from the resuearch that I made I’m pretty sure that this is syphilis. Well I contracted it here since I left my country in very good health condition. I have a medical certificate.

anyways… i’m thanking you all for your concerns and advise… but from the research i made from the net. I think tetracycline will be the best option for now. I’m taking it for 3 days now. it is said that I need to complete it in 2 weeks…

I hope this will cure me.

errr… from the resuearch that I made I’m pretty sure that this is syphilis. Well I contracted it here since I left my country in very good health condition. I have a medical certificate.

anyways… I’m thanking you all for your concerns and advise… but from the research I made from the net. I think tetracycline will be the best option for now. I’m taking it for 3 days now. it is said that I need to complete it in 2 weeks…

I hope this will cure me.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure it’s not the first-line treatment. If it is syphillis, you need to get proper care. I recommend, again, that you stop fooling around and get to that STD clinic.

For the love of Christ, get yourself to a doctor, either in Taiwan or Thailand or wherever, and get tested.

From here: cdc.gov/std/Syphilis/STDFact-Syphilis.htm

[quote]Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It has often been called

Crease, syphilis can be deadly. So might any of the things you might mistake this for. Drug allergies to antibiotics aren’t anything to sneeze at either. Go see the f%@&*#} doctor.

Crease, you’re a fool. Really. Who told you tetracycline is first-line treatment for this? The Internet? Or a doctor in Taiwan?

In case you got your info off the 'net, I’d just like to point out that if you contracted syphilis in Taiwan, the strain you have is tetracycline-resistant. You’ll probably manage to get rid of your sores, but you won’t kill the disease. Instead, you’ll carry it around with you as a nice surprise for anyone unfortunate enough to have sex with you, until it resurfaces in the later stages. Those stages are incurable. You are going to die if you don’t get treatment. Seriously. First you’ll go insane, then you’ll die. :loco:

Sounds like he has the first bit off pat now anyway.