T20 Cricket World Cup

What did I miss?[/quote]
JP is dirty that KP was the best Saffer (plastic Saffer) on the pitch. I’m celebrating The Slack Craps making yet another Semi final at the expense of the defending champs :discodance: :discodance:[/quote]
Psst. Don’t we still need to beat the Poms to get through to the semi-finals?

Man, it most really suck being a Paki cricket supporter.

[quote=“almas john”]

Man, it most really suck being a Paki cricket supporter.[/quote]
“Paki”? That’s RACIST, Mr Almas! :no-no:

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“almas john”]

Man, it most really suck being a Paki cricket supporter.[/quote]
“Paki”? That’s RACIST, Mr Almas! :no-no:[/quote]
Well, if you’re going to be picky, don’t you think you were RACIST in the first post of this thread? Yes, that’s right, the post where you refer to the West Indians as “a mere shadow.” Hmm. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’ve always been a big fan of Imran Khan - greatest all-rounder since Sobers.

[quote=“almas john”]
Well, if you’re going to be picky, don’t you think you were RACIST in the first post of this thread? Yes, that’s right, the post where you refer to the West Indians as “a mere shadow.” Hmm. :slight_smile: [/quote]

I don’t like the tone of that. I think you’re tampering with your balls.

Once again, (infamous) tampering.

To your credit, you’re not very sobers this morning, so I’ll forgive your tampering.

Strange behaviour by the umpire… accusing the Kiwi of ball-tampering. Mmm. He’s known as a heavy gambler, and there have been rumours of match fixing. The Kiwi has refused to take the field after ‘tea.’ Shades of the Oval in 2006.

As Hansie Cronje famously said: “Vok daai Whale Rider moffies!. Ek laik die We are Warriors manne meer. Hulle drink nie vokken tee nie.”

Fark! We lost to the Poms again. :fume:

You shouldn’t drink so much when you’re watching rugby, Bis. :no-no: Perhaps you’ll be more tuned in to current affairs.

Btw, when are you going to post how much I’m kicking Wandering’s ass at the rugby? :smiley:

Good old SatTV. He’s sorted us out with the cricket on Hava. Watching the Australia vs Pakistan semi-final now.

However, in the time it took me to capture and upload this picture the Pakistanis have gone to 27-0 after 4 overs…

Edit: 32 - 0 after 5 overs…
Pakistan 63 - 0 after 8 overs.

Edit 2: Pakistan 191 - 6 after 20 overs. :bravo:

Brilliant game! Aussie came back to steal it. Needed 18 runs off five balls and smacked a few sixes to end the game (with one ball in hand) 197 - 7, beating Pakistan by three wickets!

Australia (oi! Oi! Oi!) vs England (Boooooo!)

Hope the Aussies thrash the Poms!

Aptly named and truly amazing! Hats off to Mr. Cricket! I had a hunch we were going to lose by a lot when Australia refused/couldn’t/wouldn’t/any of the above, to change their bowling plans due to the damp pitch. In a way, especially since Sri Lanka had been put to the sword on the same pitch and in similar conditions the previous day, i could kind of understand where they were coming from. However, T20 cricket especially relies/needs a team to adapt to conditions quickly and the Aussies as a bowling unit failed completely to read the wicket. Combined with, surprisingly, some very judicious shot selection from Pakistan for a change.(ie. hitting the ball past the fielders instead of straight into their hands) we were faced with a huge run chase. The equation ended up being something like 55 odd required from the last 3 overs and we were very very very lucky to get out of jail! Actually, I almost turned off the TV after Cameron White’s dismissal as it looked completely hopeless from there on in! All i can say is I’m glad i kept watching and Sunday night’s game should be a cracker!

It really was a great game to watch. I thought the Pakistanis had it wrapped up, but the Aussies just never gave up. That last over was amazing!

From the Cricinfo commentary:

It has been said before but it’s worth repeating here. John Arlott had written about it in 1948 at the end of a successful tour of England by Don Bradman’s men. "“Australianism,” wrote Arlott, “means single-minded determination to win - to win within the laws but, if necessary, to the last limit within them. It means where the ‘impossible’ is within the realm of what the human body can do, there are Australians who believe that they can do it - and who have succeeded often enough to make us wonder if anything is impossible to them. It means they have never lost a match - particularly a Test match - until the last run is scored or their last wicket down.”

Maybes a little flattering but i think the same words could be substituted for any Aussie/Kiwi/Saffer sporting team! Especially if we’re playing England! :raspberry:

[quote=“zhu ba jie de di di”]From the Cricinfo commentary:

It has been said before but it’s worth repeating here. John Arlott had written about it in 1948 at the end of a successful tour of England by Don Bradman’s men. "“Australianism,” wrote Arlott, “means single-minded determination to win - to win within the laws but, if necessary, to the last limit within them. It means where the ‘impossible’ is within the realm of what the human body can do, there are Australians who believe that they can do it - and who have succeeded often enough to make us wonder if anything is impossible to them. It means they have never lost a match - particularly a Test match - until the last run is scored or their last wicket down.”

Maybes a little flattering but I think the same words could be substituted for any Aussie/Kiwi/Saffer sporting team! Especially if we’re playing England! :raspberry:[/quote]

Yes, having a large pool of tremendously talented players doesn’t hurt the Aussies either. And although it’s fun to see the English getting spanked, i’m happy to see them doing well. It’s good for world cricket. Notice how I haven’t pointed out that the bulk of the runs scored by their 20/20 team has been by foreign players. :slight_smile: Oops.

I would like to see the Kiwis involved (as they are in other sports) with the Aussie domestic set-up. How would two extra teams (North Island and South Island) in the Sheffield Shield comp be greeted?

[quote=“Satans Assassin”][quote=“bismarck”] Edit: Scratch that. I tried to watch the game today, but SS2 showed no audio and video. I tried to contact the support staff, and when one eventually answered me he said that DSTV “locks” SS2 “whenever there’s a big cricket game on”. Which is weird, because it’s the first I’ve heard of it. I watched the England tour to SA earlier this year, and I know SatTV likes his cricket. I’m sure he’ll be able to fill us in on any details as soon as he can.

SatTV, any news? Are we going to be able to watch the cricket anywhere?[/quote]

Bismark I had the same problem. But thanks to Sat TV Jim for adding in a new service that carries the cricket for us. I never knew Star Sports or Espn carried cricket.[/quote]
Indeed, did you see the screen shots I posted? Pretty cool.

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!

Congratulations to Elf for being the only one to call that on Superbru! :bravo:
Now I have to wait in panic to see if that gives him enough points to leap frog me and win our pool.

Well done to the South African 2nd team!

Bwahahaha! Of course, I forgot about that! :thumbsup:

[quote=“bismarck”] Congratulations to Elf for being the only one to call that on Superbru! :bravo:
Now I have to wait in panic to see if that gives him enough points to leap frog me and win our pool.
[/quote]

He shoots, … he scores!! :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Elf1nDrak3”][quote=“bismarck”] Congratulations to Elf for being the only one to call that on Superbru! :bravo:
[/quote]

He shoots, … he scores!! :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]
F&%$ it!!! :fume:

Congrats, mate. Two Saffa flags at the top. And at the end of the day, cricket is the real winner…lol
Well done! :bravo: :notworthy: