🏓 Table Tennis | Places to Play Table Tennis

Hello. Does anyone know of a table tennis club that meets regularly? I have seen that there are some sports clubs that rent out tables (eg 200NTD/hour), but I don’t have a partner. It doesn’t have to be English speaking.

Banqiao MRT. Saw ads promoting this at various MRT stations.

Hello! I’ll be coming in for the winter term and I’m also planning to play some tennis. :slight_smile: Hit me up!

I have no clue as to why it is so very difficult to find clubs and coaches in Taipei. But a google search reveals next to nothing.
If anyone can point me to some clubs with air con and good coaches, I would greatly appreciate it.

Anyone here find anything? There seem to be a ton of clubs offering classes and lessons, and a few more places where you can rent tables, but I don’t see anything for someone without a partner (e.g. open play or even some kind of adult recreational league).

1 Like

if recreational level, you could try to find clubs playing at nearby community centers. older people may be more open to play with a strange visitor. if you are too good or bad for them, they might try to find someone who could play with you.

2 Likes

Looking for a person, or people, that want to start playing ping pong regularly; ideally once or twice a week, or at least a couple times a month. I would say that I’m at an intermediate level.

Best case scenario would be to get a group of people at a variety of levels and get a sort of club going, but happy to start with even one person.

I live in Taipei around Minquan West Road station, but down to play anywhere in Taipei if it’s close to an MRT station.

You might wanna start with where you are. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha! Good point.

1 Like

Would be great if they could install like concrete or metal table tennis tables in parks around Taiwan, should not be too expensive. We had those back on our high school campus.

If you are in Yonghe/Zhonghe or Xindian, there are tables under the Fuhe Bridge. Not sure if you have to be member of the local old people’s association there or not, though.

Next to the badminton courts

1 Like

The Minsheng Community Activity Center is less than 30 minutes by MRT from the Minquan Station. It’s also less than 30 minutes by bus.

Table tennis is on the 9th floor. Open play. Usually rather busy. You should have no problem finding players there.

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Forgot to mention they are closed on the first Monday of each month and certain holidays.