Tacky, I know, but...Match.com test results

I’m a Euro-Canadian male happily married to a Taiwanese women (don’t let my username fool you). I came upon www.match.com during an aimless web browse, and just for fun decided to take the test.

My ideal type looks like this:

Scarily accurate, I must say…she looks like my wife in her younger days. I have to admit that during the test I knowingly skewed my input toward Asian women, although having said that, I was simply being honest.

I am a Euro-American who grew up in Europe. When I took the test I did not try to be bias towards asian women, and I still came up wil an asian as my best partner. :laughing:

After having taken the www.match.com test I chose this woman:

She is indeed similar to a younger version of my wife.

The test had this to say about my choice

I think that the result porcelainprincess go is more striking in appearance.

Maybe this one reason why Euro-males like porcelainprincess and myself come to asia?

This test didn’t work for me at all - it did get the body type and hair colour right, but that’s about it. It simultaneously told me I preferred men “under 25” AND men to be “at least 25” (well, I guess that about covers it!) and that I was drawn to the “most beautiful of the beautiful” while adding that my preferred type of man was “not necessarily conventionally attractive”. It did in that respect confirm what I already knew - that looks can act as a deterrent for me, but generally not as an attractant beyond a few broad characteristics. While a lot of the men were “pretty”, and I intellectually could appreciate that prettiness, practically none of them were attractive. I need to know something of their personality for that! (I did show a preference for the ones who smiled more)

The psych test, however, was spot on. They’re both accessible from here:
http://www.weattract.com

And yep, “Reader, I married him.” :slight_smile:

What ?!? Noone’s came up with this : ?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I’m worried. And scared.

You’re worried and scared?

I got this one. Looks nothing like my wife, but a lot like her best friend :shock: :shock: :shock: .
Alien, say NOTHING about this to your colleague!

or or

1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively

According to the test, I’m 50/50 on Asian women - no strong preference either way. Same with white women. It recommends that I move to Brazil. I have a thing for Latinas.

(and I probably would, if only for the fact that it’s impossible to earn an honest living down there, outside of the narcotics trade)

It also came to the shocking conclusion that I like big tits. I did not know that.

I’m in the 2% club that are considered

Yup, yup. I’ve probably turned down more women than I’ve accepted because they didn’t meet my high standards. Explains why I’m dateless more often than not.

That’s why. That’s the ticket. Too picky. Yeah. Right.

They don’t have the kind of girls I like.

I don’t think their range of ethnic women was that great (as noted by the site itself)

it seemed to me somewhat stereotypical or didn’t express the wide range of looks.

Frankly most of the women pictured at that site were bow-wows.

That’s why. That’s the ticket. Too picky. Yeah. Right.

They don’t have the kind of girls I like.
[/quote]

you like Tuvok? explains a few things. :laughing: personally I like Khan, with his flowing white hair. and his little sidekick in a tux. bless the little guy.

Which brings this to mind:

[quote]
Hannibal Lecter: No, he covets. That’s his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer.
Clarice Starling: No. We just–
Hannibal Lecter: No. Precisely. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don’t you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? I hardly see how you couldn’t. And don’t your eyes move over the things you want?[/quote]

i liked the ‘which yobbo makes you least want to vomit?’ selections.

This one’ll do in a pinch:

[quote=“mod lang”] or or
[/quote]

looks like you could just dress up a broom in a long brown hair wig, and he would go for it. :laughing:

Essentially, it told me a lot of what I already knew and have espoused on forumosa.com for years (has it been that long already?). I like all races of men and particularly big-boned ones with slightly hairy chests who are at least 5 years older than me and close to my height or slightly taller.

My favorites seem to have been these three:

Only 9% of women my age are very attracted to the men I chose. All the better for me, I say.

If you considered this woman, , a bow-wow you are more than welcome to introducer her to me. :wink:

I think I saw that girl in a Milk Bone commercial.

If you considered this woman, , a bow-wow you are more than welcome to introducer her to me. :wink:[/quote]

No, she was one of my top picks! I was talking about a lot of the rest of the women at the site, the ones I didn’t pick as attractive.

Well, one person’s trash is another person treasure. Somebody’s got to be loving those bow-wow or else the bow-wow would become extinct, am I right?

OK, so I took the personal attraction quiz at match.com I took it second, because like most men I look at the body first and only after then do I consider if she’s got a ‘great personality’.

[quote]You’re smart, insightful, and successful in your career. You also have an insatiable curiosity about life and have a lot of non-work interests and things you enjoy doing. In fact, at times you’ve had so many things going on that romance has been pushed aside or “put on the back burner.” But you’re not someone who settles; you want it all! You have a vision for the future and always are searching to find love and a sense of “balance” in your life. Because you’re an independent guy and a little shy, making deep connections with other people can be a challenge. You’re not someone who “wears his heart on his sleeve” so even those closest to you don’t always know how you feel. Still, your masculine and dependable nature will draw people who’ll invest the time to get to know you.

Finding a loving relationship is a mission for you. You have clear goals and even a timeline in mind. Falling in love is an especially magical experience. You’re suddenly free from the rules and thinking that guide your life. You usually keep your feelings and life under control. But remember, the bigger the dam, the bigger the flood when it breaks!

You face two major challenges in finding the love of your life. First, because you’re shy, you feel like you have to be someone else or “wear a mask” to go out and meet new people. Then you feel like a distant observer and women don’t get to know the real you. Second, although having a vision of what you want can be helpful, the risk is that your high standards and your rush to find the perfect woman can get in the way of loving a real-life imperfect woman.[/quote]

Yup, I guess all that is more or less true, though I’m not that shy. But these personality quizzes are like astrology readings, they’re vaguely generalized enough that they can fit almost anybody.