Tai Chi, Soccer, Chess?

Is Saturday at 3 ok instead of Sunday? My girlfriend wants to attend but has a wedding on Sunday.

Sure, I can meet on Saturday at 3 PM since you own that big’ nice chess set.

Anyway, what about everyone, else?

Saturday’s good for me…

I might join you with my visitors (they both play Chess but haven’t played for quite some time). Can somebody send me a PM with their cell phone number, so I can get in touch with you in case we don’t make it by three?

Iris

Hey chessman71

is Saturday ok for you? Still at 3 PM and in front of Shr Da?

Thanks, and what about everyone else? So far, Gao Li Tsai, Iris + 2 friends= 5 people so far, including myself.

Miltonkid?! And… :?:

and salmon, don’t forget salmon

Sorry Salmon, you slipt through my fingers. See you there as well?

:wink:

I can go but i have to leave at around 5:30. See you guys in front of ShiDa then?

Saturday, 3 pm in front of ShiDa. See you there.

If it’s Saturday, I can come too. May I sugegst a teahouse/cafe in Shida, that I think will be really suited for playing chess. It’s called Shuang Yu or Pisces cafe and is right next door to Grandma Nittis on Lane 93 Shi da Rd. I think it’s suitable, becuase there’s good seating for chess, it’s relaxed, not so crowded and busy as Starbucks, and they don’t mind you staying a long time on one cup of coffee or jug of tea. It’s also a very cool place.

Brian

Starbucks was last weekend. This time we were talking of going to some place Chessman knows of near ShiDa. It might be the place you mentioned for all I know. Maybe the two of you should figure which place is better. The rest of us will tag along wherever.

That might be the place I was thinking of. Lets just meet and then walk over there. Sounds good?

Saturday at three it is. Count me in.

[quote=“Sir Donald Bradman”]If it’s Saturday, I can come too. May I sugegst a teahouse/cafe in Shida, that I think will be really suited for playing chess. It’s called Shuang Yu or Pisces cafe and is right next door to Grandma Nittis on Lane 93 Shi da Rd. I think it’s suitable, becuase there’s good seating for chess, it’s relaxed, not so crowded and busy as Starbucks, and they don’t mind you staying a long time on one cup of coffee or jug of tea. It’s also a very cool place.

Brian[/quote]

If it’s raining at 3 like it is now, it might make more sense to meet at Sir Donald’s place rather than in front of Shida. Any thoughts?

Hey guys :slight_smile:

Thanks for a great afternoon. My dad and boyfriend loved it (though they had been reluctant to go at first). First thing back in Germany, they want to look for Chess partners.

Keep it up!

Iris

Hey - two successful Chess Meetings in a row!

For your information, on this relaxing Sunday afternoon at a neat quiet coffee place at Shr Da, we had:

8 players + 2 spectators & a 3 year old kid

Check out the pictures at philipchantw@yahoo.com)–sorry the quality is not that great, but what can you expect from a phone/camera?!

Miltonkid–we missed you there!

By the way, should we give this chess meeting an official name? Any suggestions?

And was everyone happy with the location? Or is there another one, that is better?

Anyone up for chess this weekend? Where? When?

Anyone up for Chess on Sunday at 3? :smiley:

The first two gatherings were a lot of fun, with about 10 people each time, plenty of chess sets and good conversation. My girlfriend and I will be there along with BBC and Miltown. Hopefully Chessman, Iris, Sir Donald, Salmon and the others will also return. And others of all skill levels (or none) are completely welcome. You don’t even have to play chess. Chessman, should we meet at your place near Shida? Can you get an address for us?

they’ve been good afternoons
I hope to be there Sunday, wherever there is.

I have time. I still don’t play chess, but I could take care of BBC’s son (if he’s there and feels at ease with me, I love kids :smiley: ) or talk to anybody else who’s not playing. Would that be okay?

Iris