Taichung Bus Driver

This video is in Chinese, but should provide good fun for intermediate Chinese listeners.

It features a bus driver in Taichung, Taiwan with real passion for his work (a trait all of us should have!). He greets passengers in various languages and announces stops in various local dialects. He also provides free advice on what there is to do at different stops.

At the end of the video he tells the students filming the video to make sure they study hard in school, wear warm clothes, eat properly and not cheat in tests. He ends by saying “I never cheated on my tests, and now I’m a bus driver!”.

Enjoy!

i just saw this awhile on youtube too, makes me really laugh out loud…i do really enjoy watching this one. ^^

That’s Taichung-ren for ya, warm and friendly. You’d hardly ever encounter that in aloof Taipei.

I watched this and loved this video. I wish I could marry a great guy like that!

The guy was on a chat show last week. He said loads of women have calling wanting to meet and marry him. He has a girlfriend though as he stated a few times to cover his ass.

Hope the city makes a (good) example of him.

Sathani rot fai (“train station” in Thai)! Great! (But he needs to learn that men say “khrap” instead of “kha”.)

He’s awesome! Makes me want to move to Taichong!

Taichung bus drivers are the best :discodance:

They always stop for me even if i’m not at the bus stop. Very polite as well.

Enjoyed it! Cute driver, too! Looks like he likes his job.

I was thinking the whole time “hey, when is he going to tell the passengers to wear more warm clothing???”

Ad he finally did! :laughing:

[quote=“FarFlungScot”]Taichung bus drivers are the best :discodance:

They always stop for me even if I’m not at the bus stop. Very polite as well.[/quote]
Taipei bus drivers used to do that, and now it seems they only stop at bus stops. I’ve seen drivers refusing to let passengers get on even when the bus was stopping at a stoplight that’s no more than ten yards from the bus stop.

They get a fine if they open the door in the middle of the road. They are only supposed to open the doors when they stop at, well, a clearly marked bus stop. Safety and all that jazz.

This video is really going viral, my coworkers have all got it. :laughing:

:astonished: [quote=“Icon”]They get a fine if they open the door in the middle of the road. They are only supposed to open the doors when they stop at, well, a clearly marked bus stop. Safety and all that jazz.

This video is really going viral, my coworkers have all got it. :laughing:[/quote]
Too bad this driver is a douche. Anyone who can understand what he is saying will agree.

A driver that is polite, safety conscious, announces stops in multiple languages and humorous too is a douche?
Seems you need to look in the mirror pal.

[quote=“niaoahgin”]:eek: [quote=“Icon”]They get a fine if they open the door in the middle of the road. They are only supposed to open the doors when they stop at, well, a clearly marked bus stop. Safety and all that jazz.

This video is really going viral, my coworkers have all got it. :laughing:[/quote]
Too bad this driver is a douche. Anyone who can understand what he is saying will agree.[/quote]

I think he’s hamming it up for the camera. Yep, as HH says, you need to light up. Oh, I’ve met my share of douches here, this driver does not make the list. Au contraire.

I don’t know about this helping my Mandarin, but my Taiwanese slightly improved…