Taichung’s Vino Formosa Rosso Red Wine wins Gold medal in France

The studies that you have read show that people are unable to differentiate between high level tastes - other than when they have previously experienced those tastes (therefore, doing it from memory). The awards are therefore no indication if something is worthy of a pricetag or whether it’s an inexpensive wine that’s won a medal is a decent drink.

Right, but the corollary of that is that high level taste differences essentially don’t exist, and shouldn’t be of concern to anyone. I’m interested in receiving a basic quality product when I buy a bottle of wine, and a medal gives some indication of that.

Accepted, but it does make a Gold Medal redundant. Or any medal for that matter - other than Basic Quality Product Medal.

Incredible achievement.

Yep, I wouldn’t read much into the fact that it was a “gold” medal.

I’m coming across as being negative about an amazing win by the Taichung oenologists. I should keep my issues with taste related awards to myself.

Any wine, whisky, ingestible product that wins an award is going to be good. Congratulations to the Taichung wine chaps!

2 Likes

… as a reason to get this wine up to that price point and over.

Ha, not only wines, TTL beer has gotten a gold medal in Belgium and it’s inexpensive.

interesting

1 Like