Taigi linguistic musings

Of all, the most difficult group is the ざ GROUP. The following are just two columns within this group.

[col]This is the beginning of the za column.

ざ 早 za
ざっ 扎 zah
ざー 炸 zã

ざむ 斬 zam
ざん 層 zan
ざーん 粽 zang

ざぷ 十 zap
ざつ 實 zat
ざく 齰 zak

This is the end of this column.|This is the beginning of the ji column.

じ 支 ji
じっ 舌 jih
じー 錢 jĩ

じむ 嬸 jim
じん 真 jin
じぇんjen, or alternatively jing

じぷ 執 jip
じつ 織 jit
[color=#777777][strike]じく[/strike][/color] [color=#777777][strike]jik[/strike][/color]

This is the end of this column.[/col]

If you’re wondering, what about the other columns. Here’s the good news. I did not just write this ad-hoc. I have the entire ざ早GROUP mapped out, even the associated elusive じい二GROUP. I wouldn’t show you something that doesn’t work.

terrible, how are you able to tell that the second Kana む forms a word with the first Kana? How would that not be read as Jimu?

With Hangul, you’d have 짐 for 嬸, simple and clear.

terrible, how are you able to tell that the second Kana む forms a word with the first Kana? How would that not be read as Jimu?
[/quote]
Excellent question hansioux. I was so sure you’re going to ask. You see, as I’ve already shown you in the tables, the permutations of syllables are aligned in perfect order, for each Consonant Group. The regularity is impeccable and it’s so easy to learn. This is because Kana works perfectly like a classic phonetic system. Let me show you why.

In English, we have: IAMASTUDENT in the oldest Roman graphic form. That’s right, you’d find that form of writing carved on the many monuments from ancient Rome that still survive today. Fast forward to modern days, we have “I AM A STUDENT” a improved form, with better readability. What does it say about the Roman Alphabet System? It says that the Roman Alphabet System is robust, solid, and a pretty darn good design.

Kana is an awesome design in exactly the same way.

わたしはがくせいです。
This would be a sentence in the beginner’s Japanese textbook, or a children’s book. Do you want improved readability? Here we go:
わたし は がくせい です。
Yes, that’s right. I works on a very basic, sound principle just like the Roman Alphabet System. Ok let’s see it in adult writing:
私は学生です。
Absolutely amazing isn’t it? The Kana works seamlessly with Kanji when you need it, where you need it!

hansioux, I promised you I’d show you how Kana works. There is nothing wrong with the genetics of Tagi. Taigi is a fine language. If you work with Kana, Kana will activates the built-in mechanism of Taigi and give you the result you want.

ぐぁしはくしん。
This will be a sentence in the beginner’s Taigi textbook, or a children’s book. Do you want to improve readability? I bet you do.
ぐぁ し はくしぇん。
And finally, we want the lean, strong, sexy muscle that a grown adult wants.
我し学生。

how is that different from using Hangul 「台灣에主張」、「島國에前進」、「我欲去가나대」

Hangul can even do the ng, k and other things Hok talked about: 、「我欲去쟢켘」 (我欲去捷克)

[quote]And finally, we want the lean, strong, sexy muscle that a grown adult wants.
我し学生。[/quote]

Again, terrible idea. し in Japanese is /ɕi/, but the sound you are going for in Taigi should be /si/. Like I’ve mentioned before, the way you are using Kana will create incompatibility with actual Japanese Kana and your doctored Kana.

Now let me answer your greatest fear, with confidence.

We would not confuse じむ 嬸 jim as two syllables. This is because we would not confuse “jim” as “ji-em” either.
lol trust me. Taigi is a fine language just like any other fine language you encounter daily in your social life. There’s nothing wrong with Taigi. All we need to do is regain that knowledge and confidence we once lost, and realize that the principles are actually very sound and very simple. Hey, it works for others, so it will work for Taigi too!

All I have to say is:

[quote=“sofun”]Now let me answer your greatest fear, with confidence.

We would not confuse じむ 嬸 jim as two syllables. This is because we would not confuse “jim” as “ji-em” either.
lol trust me. Taigi is a fine language just like any other fine language you encounter daily in your social life. There’s nothing wrong with Taigi. All we need to do is regain that knowledge and confidence we once lost, and realize that the principles are actually very sound and very simple. Hey, it works for others, so it will work for Taigi too![/quote]

No one here ever said there’s something wrong with Taigi. However there are plenty wrong jamming Kana into Taigi when it’s a pretty bad fit. By the way, there’s nothing wrong with Hangul either, and it just works with Sinitic languages.

[quote=“hansioux”]
how is that different from using Hangul… [/quote]

Look, I knew you were going to ask me to say bad things about other people’s products. All I’m going to say is this,

If the original is simple, straightforward, why use the knockoffs that add unecessary complication that slows down the reading process? Let me put it this way.

We all know that our eyes travel linearly whether up and down a column, or from left to right. Take the Roman Alphabet for example, there is a implied baseline, x-height and cap height that guides the movement of our eyeballs. This is the natural way of reading.

Kana works on the same proven, natural, efficient principle. Each phonetic element (a kana) is aligned in a linear sequence. When we read, we read each one effortlessly and naturally. Everything is there in our view in a nice, smooth order. Think of an arrow that shoots straight. This is the best and there is absolutely no need to change the natural, proven way.

After all, we want the best. We might as well get the best. We don’t want knockoffs that sell us features that are less than ideal.

Did I mention that natural looks better too?

So, Latin letters.

So, Latin letters.

So, Latin letters.

So, Latin letters.

So, Latin letters. Solid arguments.

This is the beauty of the Kana. Kana is forgiving. We learned from the previous lesson that Kana is built upon the same DNA as Hanzi. And like Hanzi, we can pronounce it in a way that suits our particular lifestyle, AS LONG AS we keep in mind the basics.

The fundament idea is exactly the same you would find with the roman alphabet. A, B, C, D etc are pronounced differently by different western european ethnics.

Hey, I will guide you step by step, to get over that psychological hurdle that stops you from reaching your goal and getting the result that you want.

Fixed that for you.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]
So, Latin letters.

So, Latin letters. Solid arguments.[/quote]

Hok, you’re on the right tract. Absolutely. The only thing is, the all-roman alphabet system does not work with Hanzi. The two are exactly what you just showed in the picture you posted above. They do not match because they do not share the same DNA like a man and a woman do. Matching them together will not produce.

But If you understand the basic idea of why the roman alphabet works, you will have no problem understanding that Kana is simply the best match for Taigi. Kana is Hanzi supercharged! It is so sturdy, so lean, so sexy, that it simply carries hanzi to the next level.

I know what you’re thinking. But day after day, people procrastinate simply because of psychological hurdles, coming up with irrational excuses not to give yourself the best. This needs not be the case. I will guide you step-by-step.

Fixed that for you.[/quote]
I want you to succeed. I’ve been there, like you, trying all the other knockoffs that fall short of delivering results. But ever since I discovered the secrets of Kana, the elegance of Kana, I’ve made a commitment that they should not be kept secret.

[quote=“sofun”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]
So, Latin letters.

Hok, you’re on the right tract. Absolutely. The only thing is, the all-roman alphabet system does not work with Hanzi. The two are exactly what you just showed in the picture you posted above. They do not match because they do not share the same DNA like a man and a woman do. Matching them together will not produce.[/quote]

Latin worked just fine for Vietnam, the Philippines, just about all of Africa, and even Taiwan’s indigenous peoples…

How Taigi Works, Level One, Lesson One.

[col]Vocabulary Written as Spoken

我 ぐぁ gwa
我ん ぐぁん gwan

你 り li
你ん りん lin

伊 い i
伊ん いん in|Etymology and Definition Explained in English

我 I
我等 我々 we

你 you
你等 你々 you, plural

伊 he/she
伊等 伊々 they [/col]

[quote=“Hokwongwei”][quote=“sofun”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]
So, Latin letters.

Hok, you’re on the right tract. Absolutely. The only thing is, the all-roman alphabet system does not work with Hanzi. The two are exactly what you just showed in the picture you posted above. They do not match because they do not share the same DNA like a man and a woman do. Matching them together will not produce.[/quote]

Latin worked just fine for Vietnam, the Philippines, just about all of Africa, and even Taiwan’s indigenous peoples…[/quote]

Indeed, the roman alphabet is a good system for many others. But it hasn’t produced any result for you. Why? It’s simple. Your body is telling you that it’s not the same DNA.

It’s produced plenty for me.

“An explosion rocked Xindian Friday afternoon, killing one and injuring 13 in an apparent natural gas leak in a residential building on Ankang Road.”

Imagine trying to do that with Kana.

[quote=“sofun”]How Taigi Works, Level One, Lesson Two.

[col]Vocabulary Written as Spoken

即 じっ jit
即れ じっれ jire
茲 ぜ ze

彼 ひっ hit
彼れ ひっれ hire
彼へ へ he

佗 ど do
佗じれ どじれ döjire|Etymology and Definition Explained in English

this

即え this one / of this
即れ it

that

彼え that one / of that
彼れ it

which?      

佗じれ which one? / of which one?[/col]

Let’s take a short break and take a look at why Hangul just doesn’t give us the biggest bang for the buck .

One of the important principles and benefits of Kana is that it is able to work in a seamless concatenation mode. The efficiency is built-in because Kana follows faithfully the natural principle of human intuition - linear sequence reading.

See how lean and sturdy the Kana muscle is in the above demo?

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]It’s produced plenty for me.

“An explosion rocked Xindian Friday afternoon, killing one and injuring 13 in an apparent natural gas leak in a residential building on Ankang Road.”

Imagine trying to do that with Kana.[/quote]

In a sentence written with all romanized alphabet, it is unacceptable to mix in Hanzi in the same line This is because doing so would destroy the “flow” of the x-height that is so crucial in the Latin system.

Exactly the same is true for Hanzi system. It is unacceptable to mix in any roman alphabet in the same line. This is because doing so would destroy the “block flow” that is so crucial in the Hanzi system.

新店 しむぢゃむ Shimdiam, alternatively Shimdyam
安康 あんこん Ankong, alternatively Ankon