Tailor - Hemming Men's Clothing (jeans/khakis)

Ok before anyone shouts, I did use the search function and didn’t pull anything relevant on “tailors” or “hemming.”

I’d like to get some jeans and khaki’s hemmed. Does anyone have any tailors/stores to recommend? I figure it should be cheaper here than in the states. I can get hems done for $10-$15US.

Thanks!

You will need to ask a person reading Chinese. Down here we have a few small hole in the wall place who can hem trousers.

I think they charge NT$100.

Our first floor neighbor is a seamstress. For just hemming the length, she charges 100/pair of pants. Good job and quick.

Got a phone number or address? Also, is it in Taipei? Thanks!

There are a lot of hole-in-the-wall seamstresses who will do the work for about $100. Another option is to take it to the dry cleaners, who I’m pretty sure will do that kind of work for you.

If you need a referral, you can ask somebody in a local clothing shop. What is your area? I think someone here can give you an address near your place.

I’m in the ShiDa area. Yeah I can always go that route, blind shot. But was hoping someone might have someone they can recommend. I plan on trying out one of my older jeans first before dropping the whole load down. I’d prefer someone who can do “cuffs” at the bottom for a couple of my khaki’s as well.

Much appreciated guys!

Grayson,

Check your pm.

Best regards,

i have a pair of pants. They’re hemmed. With double sided tape.

:smiley:

I’ve had many pairs of pants hemmed at a local tailor in Mucha. He’s done a great job every time. If you want the address let me know.

[quote=“lupillus”]I have a pair of pants. They’re hemmed. With double sided tape.

:smiley:[/quote]
Tried that. It pulled the hair right off my legs.

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“lupillus”]I have a pair of pants. They’re hemmed. With double sided tape.

:smiley:[/quote]
Tried that. It pulled the hair right off my legs.[/quote]

some people pay good money for that sort of pain.

Where in Taoyuan can I find those hole in wall places?

I looked around in Taoyuan City but couldn’t find any.

Near the morning/wet markets is a good bet. If not, ask your neighbors wife, or some at the place you work.

[quote=“ailixin”]Where in Taoyuan can I find those hole in wall places?

I looked around in Taoyuan City but couldn’t find any.[/quote]

Usually when I’ve bought trousers or jeans, the place I buy them from arranges the hemming free of charge or for a minimal fee. I’d suggest you find a place that sells trousers and ask them either a)how much for them to do it, or b) where to go to get it done.
I know places like the Far East (FE21) Dept store would definitely provide this service, and that store is right next to the train station.

I ended up going to my dry cleaning place over here at ShiDa. There’s a dry cleaners in the basement of the dorm rooms off ShiDa. It’s where the cafeteria is. It’s 60NT a pair. The thread is a bit thin, but eh it’s just jeans. For my khakis, I went up to Mitzukoshi dept store at Taipei Main station (6th floor). Since I do wear these for work, I wanted to make sure it’d be done right. 100NT a pair there.

Just FYI.