Tailor Made Jeans

I’m in need of mens 33x38L jeans. There is not a store here that sells anything close. I’ve visited quite a few tailors but they all say they can’t make a pair of jeans. Has anyone found a tailor who is willing to make a pair of jeans?

Thanks.

Have you considered having a pair shipped in from abroad? The shipping will probably cost you less than the additional price a tailor would charge.

Even jeans from the states aren’t really long enough. Very few brands carry 38L and then they are usually cut large, because there seems to the mistaken belief that if you’re tall you’re also broad. So the jeans I buy have to be altered anyway.

Just Pm me. I have a tailor that even makes underwear for my fat ass. I have had many articles of clothing that he has made. Damn cheap in anywhere comparison. I’m retired and have extra time on my hands. Let me know if your interested. He does good by me.

[quote=“firinne”]I’m in need of mens 33x38L jeans. There is not a store here that sells anything close. I’ve visited quite a few tailors but they all say they can’t make a pair of jeans. Has anyone found a tailor who is willing to make a pair of jeans?

Thanks.[/quote]

Those are honest tailors. I had a TW tailor make some jeans for me. Wasnt really good. Tailors tend to have threads and patterns for dress pants. The threads are not strong enough and the patterns are wrong. Jean construction have their own do and donts.

Walmart has great Wrangler jeans for 15 bucks each. Get a bud to send you some jeans from the USA?

nevermind, saw ur above posts.

thats the shits when you wear a non standard size.

Levi’s has their classic 501 jeans in 33x38L. Found them on Amazon: amazon.com/Levis-Mens-Shrink … B0018OMOU6

Maybe have a friend in the U.S. buy it for you and have it shipped to you in Taiwan?

You could also write to eBay sellers like this one and ask if they could ship to Taiwan (even if they list “to US”, a third to half of such sellers can be convinced to ship to Taiwan).

I don’t know if anyone has reason to go into China, but you can pay for your trip with a few pair of jeans from USA. I do not mean HK or Shanghai when I say China. I mean 300-500 miles from the coast. I had a friend who recently worked on a government engineering project for the Chinese. He was going to stay a month so he brought 5 pair of jeans and a bunch of t-shirts. He sold his 20 dollar jeans for 250.00 before he left and the people thanked him. Simple Wranglers sold at WALMART in USA sell for 20-30 times the price in the center of China. Wild to say the least.

The ironic part is that those Wranglers sold at Walmart were made in… China! :laughing:

Most fashion jean makers do not even go into China. I have a friend who has a small clothing store on line and actually buys jeans at retail in USA and doubles and triples the price and she can’t keep some brands.

That’s really interesting , was it other foreigners buying the jeans because they couldn’t find the right fit themselves, or Chinese?
Also why don’t the brands sell the items in China…or they do already at huge mark-ups?
It’s a bit like the way you can’t find Victoria Secret in Taiwan…maybe some refuse to setup because of copycats?

Here’s a good discussion.
shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbforum … 18886.html

Amazon ships to Taiwan. I buy books from them fairly regularly and I have no problem with shipping.