Tailor-made suit / Tailor / Tailored suits, Taipei

Anything in central Taiwan??

thanks!

in the garment district in West Taipei (near Minsheng and Nanjing xi loos) you can have quality tailor made suits for around 8K. Pick your own fabric etcā€¦

Anyone know of any in Chai-yi?

Fixed. Youā€™re welcome. :wink:

I went to a couple of tailors recommended in this thread, looking for a blazer and eventually some suits. I set my budget from what I gleaned here. However, at both tailors, they quoted me NTD13000 for a blazer and NTD17000 for a suit. :fume: If what has been posted in this thread is correct, not only can I get two suits for the price of a blazer (if I am not too picky) but I can get a suit and couple of shirts for a premium.

Iā€™m thinking of heading out to Ximen to check some places out. Does anyone have pointers for me? :notworthy: Much, much appreciated if anyone is happy with their tailor both in price and craftsmanship.

Are those prices for the suit construction or are they offering that with the fabric you chose?

I get my stuff done in Bangkok.

I have bought fabric from the fabric market here a few times and taken it over there to get made into shirts and trousers.
But there is something stopping me from trying the option here.

Regarding tailors here although I havenā€™t tried and can not give a recommendation I am curious as to what these two tailors are like so if anyone has any experience do post:

This one has John Foster fabric (and is listed at their site) which I am about to order from the UK:
nobility.com.tw/

And this one Iā€™ve seen advertised in tourist type magazine here - they have 3 branches:
James Lee Tailor Co

Imperial Hotel Shopping Arcade
600 Linsen N Road
Taipei

Sheraton Shop, behind Sheraton Hotel
Taipei

5,lane 65, Chung Shan N Rd, Sec 2 Taipei

The promotion on the info I have is 2 mohair wool suits for $625 US, 3 pairs of pants $225 US and 4 shirts $105 US.

Can anyone strongly recommend any tailors in Taipei. I would prefer one that doesnā€™t just cater to tourists. I donā€™t need someone who has a Ph.D. from oxford in English, just some light speaking is all that is necessary.

Pictures and prices would be great.

Thanks!

Hi Iā€™m also looking for a tailor. I want to try paris 1930 and Iā€™m told I need more than jeans :smiley:

Specifically looking for a tailor with a shop that sells slacks and shirts too, you knowā€¦?

No one on forumosa has a tailor? GEEZ! Well I guess I have to start looking myselfā€¦ will update with results.

Has anyone come up with anything for decent tailors in Taipei?

This thread dates back, like, a million years (give or take a few hundred thousand). Would be good to have a bit of up to date info on the subject; prices, locations, quality of workmanship, etc.

Also, yeah, Bangkok is great, but for those of us not planning a trip anytime soon, letā€™s keep it in the 'wan, eh?

Any well dressed forumosans out there?

Any updates regarding the places in Taipei for some decent suits?

Any updates? Im looking to get a tailor as wellā€¦ :frowning:

Iā€™ve gotten all of my tailoring done at Jonie Cherie. Itā€™s in the basement of the Howard Hotel.

Thus far Iā€™ve gotten:
2 Suits (around 20k for jacket and two pairs of pants)
3 pairs of pants (3500NT if I remember correctly)
10-20 Dress shirts, for myself and as gifts (between 900 and 1700NT depending on the fabric)

They are quite friendly. Very happy with my first suit and most of my shirts. Not 100% satisfied with my 2nd suit, and the last two shirts I got made there werenā€™t the best. Still about 10x better than the off the rack suit I bought recently.

there are lots of tailors in ē…å­ęž— (ximen area). Iā€™m a student so even an Nt 8000 suit is simply not affordable for me.

If I had more money and time, I would have chosen EZ suits. It seems to be popular among expats in Taiwan. website: ez.club.tw/
I need the suit in one week but they said they need two weeks so it was no-go for me also. But I like their employees, very friendly and not too pushy (though I had to speak chinese).
I also tried the store right next to EZ but quite pricey and too pushy.

In the end, I chose the one just in front of EZ suits. Again, I had to speak in my broken chinese but the woman spoke to me very slowly so I could understand. Itā€™s Nt 4500 for the blazer and pants and they promised to make it in one week. I can tell the fabric they use isnā€™t of the highest quality but itā€™s ok for me (I rarely wear suits). A friend told me I can get a custom-made suit for a much cheaper price (NT 3300 above) but considering this was a rush job, Iā€™m fine with the price. Iā€™ll get the suit in a few days so Iā€™m just hoping for a good fit as thereā€™s no more time for alterations :frowning:

I learned from experience many moons ago, that if you pay a low price for a suit it wonā€™t be good (inc. fabric which would be polyester). If you have no alterations, it will be worse.
They will probably have a standard Asian box suit look and it will be cut in that style.

For 4500, you may as well have bought one back home ā€˜off the rackā€™ and got it altered in store. I think some places do it. All you would have needed was to make sure it fits in the shoulders basically, then alter from that starting pointā€¦

Me too. Anyone have any more recommendations?

Just posted a response on another thread also discussing tailors. But the system wonā€™t let me post the same answer onto this thread. (who not???). Iā€™m not going to write something same same but different. If you want to know about my recent suit experience search for the other links. But in short, tried James Lee Tailor and was happy.

Address: No. 5, Lane 65, Section 2, Zhongshan North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 10491. Top quality worsted wool/cashmere blend fabric, 2 pants, plus another pair of olive worsted wool pants for $25,000 ā€“ a fair price.

How much for a three piece suit?

As much as you are prepared to pay. If you want polyester crap, it will be cheap.
Imported Italian wool, more expensive.
How much are you prepared to pay?