Tainan Big Bike Rally- Sat Nov 3rd- 10,000 bikes expected!?!

Guys, I’m totally confused now… let me know when you work out where you’re going, how you’re getting there and what time you’re doing it :slight_smile:

Anybody want to go with me on the train? We can make “brrrrm-brrrrrrm” noises to get in the mood. Plus we can drink loads of beer.

well from the map, if we keep going on 61 and 17 most of the time, maybe 2 more hours !! i think…
if so, we would need to meet around 8:30 in nanliao (end of 68 connecting with the cost and 61)
on the parking that someone said…

Seems we meet Xinchu team at 9am sat morning at teat place mordeth pointed out.
Then we all ride to Tainan (via Taichung). Right ?

People from Taipei who wanna depart with me please PM me. it will be around 7am (7:30 should be fine too) near Beitou.

come on guys, 9 is to late… if we set the time to 9, we will end up leaving at 9:30 or 10… so lets make it 8:15~8:30 then we leave…
at the parking

[quote=“omerojs”]come on guys, 9 is to late… if we set the time to 9, we will end up leaving at 9:30 or 10… so lets make it 8:15~8:30 then we leave…
at the parking[/quote]

No, there is no “meeting”. Myself and the group from Chung-Li will be passing by the rest area/parking lot at 9. We’ll pull in say “hello” and pull back out. So that means we’ll be out of there by 9:05. Or if we get there at 8:55 then we’ll be pulling out by 9:00. And the Taichung people just need to wait near an intersection where the 61 expressway comes down…and look for a black ninja with a rider with a large yellow mohawk…and that’ll be me. If we’re at Hsinchu at 9:00 then I’m guessing we’d be at Taichung area by 9:30?

Plus as the date gets closer I’m sure these times will change slightly. I do like being early though…so maybe if one of you gets a map of Tainan and figures out exactly what were supposed to be watching/doing there…I can forget about my riding group and head out earlier to meet with you guys. If we leave earlier we can also stop more often to watch the parade of bikes going by.

P.S. I think we’re supposed to bring along bead necklaces to throw at girls who flash their breasts at us.

Hey M13, how many ppl has ur group?
and for the rest of the ppl “going with us”, will all of you come back the same day?

Most of my Taiwanese buddies are heading out around 7am from Taichung, so it seems like the later we go the more we miss. I will probably set off around 6am, meet up with my buddies for a bit then head off to the 61 to ride on to Tainan with the Forumosa crew.

I think the festivities start at noon. And although I usually feel the earlier the better. I don’t want to get there so early that we’re sitting in a cafe for hours on end. Waiting for the event to start. Well…with all the bikes showing up that wouldn’t happen…but you get my point.

What we really need to know. Is what is going on in Tainan…and where we need to be to see it. But then again…it shouldn’t be too hard for us to follow the huge mass of bikers to the meeting point. But it’d be nice if one of us knew exactly what it was all about. So if someone can figure that out…and bring a map of Tainan. Then I’d say we’d be best off meeting as a small group of foreigners and heading to Tainan ourselves. And then we could meet a bit earlier at the rest area just south of the 68…perhaps at 8 instead of 9?

Hopefully you guys will be staying home tonight and getting your rest…and that way we can figure out the last of the details.

From experience…it takes almost an hour just to get through Taichung. As the 61 doesn’t bypass it. If we meet at 9 then it sounds like we’d be getting their around 9:30ish…but llary’s Taichung group is starting to ride at 7am? Seems like one group or another is doing something wrong.

I’ll ask about now and see, if I can get the Tainan details.

Got some info. My buddy is checking the Taiwanese biker forums and he says that some groups are planning on getting there at 17:00. So it doesn’t seem like there is a huge rush to get their early.

The place is Tainan’s ‘History Park’ : 安平歷史公園

And then he copied a bunch of Chinese and gave it to me…

2007台南安平大會師
2007/11/03的大型重機2007台南安平大會師預計路程如下:
台南大會師主流車隊路線(預計16:30抵達台南市-會師現場)
[color=Red]台北市車隊[/color]-舉辦通車典禮09:09出發,經北市政府市府路-松智路-松仁路-松信路-永吉路-市民高架道路右轉環河北路直行-洲美快速道路-大度路-關渡大橋-龍米路-中華路-西濱公路(台61線快速道路)-八里八仙樂園,距離31.6公里,預計35分鐘抵達八仙樂園。
[color=Red]台北縣車隊[/color]-八仙樂園集合09:59出發,八里中山路-西濱公路(台61線快速道路)-下觀音交流道,距離25公里,預計30分鐘抵達桃園觀音交流道。
[color=Red]桃竹苗車隊[/color]-台66線台61線路口集合10:39出發,台15線濱海路-鳳鼻隧道台61線-台1線通霄聯絡道-西濱公路(台61線快速道路

梧棲台中港,距離108公里,預計2小時抵達梧棲台中港。(於梧棲台中港午餐)
[color=Red]中彰投車隊[/color]-梧棲台中港集合13:11出發,西濱公路(台61線快速道路),距離108公里,預計2小時抵達台南安平。
[color=Red]雲嘉南車隊[/color]-嘉義縣政府集合15:11出發,太保一路-祥和一路東段-嘉朴公路-太平東路-布袋聯絡道-北門交流道出-西濱公路(台61線快速道路)-右轉安平路-右轉慶平路-左轉光洲路,距離71.2公里,預計70分鐘抵達台南安平。

And finally here is a link he gave me (copy and paste it as it doesn’t want to be a clickable link): tncg.gov.tw/news.asp?id={1684BBC6-A954-460D-B341-34814DFDBE89}&Lang=

well about the schedule, there are different activities taking place at the same time, if you follow the link posted on page 2 of this forum, u will know what i mean…
here is some part translated:

• Safely rides while - plays the locomotive program table * Lao Che culture season

11: 00~11:40/stunt vehicle 滑胎 the vehicle performs the 10:00~17:00/vehicle exchange Lao Che star light main road

12: 45~13:25/stunt vehicle 滑胎 vehicle performance

14: 45~15:25/stunt vehicle 滑胎 vehicle performance

15: 45~16:25/stunt vehicle 滑胎 vehicle performance

then there is a lot of bullshit until 22:00 mainly speeches and stuffs like that…
but i think at this point there are also going to be some places with cool stuffs for sale and some bike dealers, maybe some nice girls also…
from my point of view, the best part will start at 11am…
what do u guys think?

ANYBODY FROM TAIPEI STARTING WITH ME?

7am, Cheng De rd sec 7 next to Tatung building (no 400) at the gaz station.

I’ll be there with 20 local riders and ride with them till Xinchu.
PM me your phones before today 18:30!!! I can meet in Xinchu either at 8 or 9. cyall

May I suggest that we meet up at the intersection between the 61 and the 12 in Taichung? My buddies aren’t going this way so it will just be me unless anyone else plans to ride out from Taichung. I will make sure I get there before you so you don’t have to hang around for me.

Well at present it looks like it’ll be 4 or 5 of us.

Sly - Taipei
Mordeth13 (biker god extraordinare) - Chung-Li
Omerojs- Hsinchu
Llary - Taichung

And MJB if the old fart doesn’t invent 10 new things to whine and cry about. And since it’s just us we can leave a bit earlier…and if we get bored head back as either a group or in pairs…or alone.

I think we’ll probably have more fun as our own little group of 5. I think the Taipei group of 20 is just too much. My chung-li group will probably have about 10…but with our 5 added on that’s pushing it.

Okay, so can we confirm some kind of times for each stop? I can be at the 12/61 intersection in Taichung any time from about 7am.

Just seen this. If anyone thinks they may need a place to crash (no pun intended, its just what old farts say) this weekend I have a (very small, very basic) room in Tainan City and a slightly larger one at Chang Rung University, maybe 12? klicks south, near Jon Jou railway station. I could let you have a key to the Tainan City one, but I’d have to be at the University one to let you in, because of security. Not much in the way of spare sheets etc at either though so some sort of sleeping bag might be useful. This WILL be a lot less comfortable than a hotel.

I’ll be in Tainan City in the morning, then probably working at the University in the (mid) afternoon / evening.

well, i will stay in tainan one night with the group from WRS (Shinchu shop), how about this idea, we could depart with them, the trip will be a little bit slow but safe since many of the bikers are the mechanics from the store. the group has around 100 bikes or more, they plan to meet in the store at 8am and depart around 8:30 ~ 9am. lunch on the road in mailiao or something like that, and arrive to Tainan at around 3pm… it could be nice to go with so many bikes don’t u think?
we could always go faster and stop or something like that… but keeping track of the group…

[quote=“omerojs”]well, i will stay in Tainan one night with the group from WRS (Shinchu shop), how about this idea, we could depart with them, the trip will be a little bit slow but safe since many of the bikers are the mechanics from the store. the group has around 100 bikes or more, they plan to meet in the store at 8am and depart around 8:30 ~ 9am. lunch on the road in mailiao or something like that, and arrive to Tainan at around 3pm… it could be nice to go with so many bikes don’t u think?
we could always go faster and stop or something like that… but keeping track of the group…[/quote]

If I wanted to ride with a group…then I’d just ride with mine. The slowest rider of any group sets the pace…and with 100 bikes…they’ll be lucky to do the speed limit. Although 100 bikes together will look cool…it’ll look even cooler from the position of a lone wolf flying by all of them…free…as bikers are intended to be.

I just phoned Sly and he didn’t answer his phone. Omerojs wants to ride with 100 bikes :unamused: , and Llary has already said he thinks it’s dangerous to ride with me. :s , great fucking trip.

[quote=“Mordeth”]
I just phoned Sly and he didn’t answer his phone. Omerojs wants to ride with 100 bikes :unamused: , and Llary has already said he thinks it’s dangerous to ride with me. :s , great fucking trip.[/quote]

Mordeth buddy, you do realise that I love winding you up, right? :wink:

I don’t fancy riding with a huge group, 5 sounds perfect. I’ll be keeping in touch with my pals on the CB and I’m sure we’ll meet lots of people on the way… it’s going to be a friggin awesome weekend and any big biker who misses out on this one is surely going to regret it.

hey guys, i havent said that i will go with them, i just said that i will stay with them and come back with them because they will stay the night there, and for my wife its more convenient… so, if we are 4 or 5 and the group is still going let me know…