Tainan: The Truth

Anyone care to comment on job opportunities in Tainan? I crossed Taipei off my list of possible cities because of the cost of living, rain, and abundance of teachers. Tainan appears to have a reasonable cost of living and decent weather. The abundance of temples also appeals to me. My biggest concern is obtaining enough work. While I do plan to take advantage of my free time, I’d like to work as much as possible. Would it be reasonable for me to find a job with 25 teaching hours per week in Tainan? I read an older post ( 2 years old) that claimed there were too many teachers in Tainan. Would arriving at a certain time of the year give me a better chance of securing employment? Thanks in advance for your replies.

The Truth?
YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
(Somebody had to say it…) :wink:

Tainan is a myth.
It does not exist.
Don’t even think about it. :whistle:

The truth is out there. But not in Tainan.

(Don’t come lookin’ again!)

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Tainan is a myth.
It does not exist.
Don’t even think about it. :whistle:[/quote]

Don’t listen to him, he’s tryin to keep everything on lockdown :noway:

Well look at the publicity we’ve been getting wth this latest asshat.
Don’t need the place to develop thast kind of rep.

Just keeping the streets safe for women & chillens. :sunglasses:

Well look at the publicity we’ve been getting wth this latest asshat.
Don’t need the place to develop thast kind of rep.

Just keeping the streets safe for women & chillens. :sunglasses:[/quote]

What are you talking about?

You can find work in Tainan, but 25 hours at one school? Tainan is overloaded with teachers and has been for several years. The teaching scene is kind of odd here. Most of the schools, aside from the chains, are too small to offer more than ten or so hours a week, so most teachers get by juggling two or three part-time jobs. Almost everybody I know does this. Cost of living is cheap and the weather is perfect. It’s sunny 9 out 10 days, usually, and almost never any earthquakes as in most of the rest of Taiwan. There are plenty of jobs out there, it’s just a question of finding one that can provide you with enough hours to survive.

The Truth?
YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
(Somebody had to say it…) :wink:[/quote]

:s
:notworthy:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Tainan is a myth.
It does not exist.
Don’t even think about it. :whistle:[/quote]

I agree… :smiling_imp:

And what Mod Lang has to say about the work situation is very true. Also don’t expect NT$700 an hour. Those days are long gone down here, although the cheaper cost of living does make up for that somewhat…