Taipei air pollution

Actually, I have noticed that the visible air quality seems to have gotten much better since the Temperature went up back in late May. I see the tops of the Mountains in the area between Taoyuan and Yilan very clearly every day - something that I only see once a week or so the rest of the time. The Humidity is well down too, 48% as I write. The streets of Taipei City would be different of course with all the traffic. TV Weather reports have been showing the AQI as Green mostly of late too.

Hmm… I was told thisHappened more so in the center and south of the island. October to May are the pollution months (Taichung due to a coal plant, Kaohsiung due to manufacturing, and everywhere due to the wind bringing in China pollution during those months, with almost no rain to get rid of it from the air), and that Taipei was much cleaner (But it could just be that it has more rain during those months).

Thanks for mentioning that you notice it in Taipei too - it seemed to me that some people either aren’t that sensitive to/able to detect air quality, or have something to justify.

I heard Taitung is alright.

That’s the reason for a clear sky, no haze due to less moisture in the air.

Where in New Taipei City. It varies vastly from industrial areas to clean mountain air.

Could be dirty air conditioning filters or even mold somewhere.

The title of the thread doesn’t match your location by the way.

There hasn’t been any half serious pollution in months all over the island.

YongHe area, New Taipei City not Taipei I suppose.
Has improved a little bit after a trip to Su’ao where it got quite bad.
Me and city air I think, Need to mask up more.