Taipei Bike Show March 7-10

Anyone hitting the show this week? Lots of stuff to see and everyone and everything will be here…one of the big three in the world (Interbike, Eurobike and Taipei)

taipeicycle.com.tw

I went to the Taipei Cycle trade show this morning and checked it out. If your into bicycles there’s endless stuff to gawk at. It’s primarily a “trade-only” trade show, so the people “working hard” in the booths are trying to spend most of their time with potential buyers. Just keep that in mind. Having said that, a lot of reps there are friendly and more than willing to chat with you if they are not engaged in working out a deal.

I believe it is open to the public on Sat from 9am to 3pm. You’ll find a lot of the OEM guys leaving at that point.

Lots of cool stuff though. And I mean LOTS. Two whole floors at the Nangang Trade Center plus more in various places. There is also a small section at the TWTC Xinyi on the second floor, if you are in the area.

On a side note, I was there in the morning on the 7th and was pleasantly surprised to have the chance to say hello and give Pres. Ma a handshake as he and his entourage were walking frenetically down the aisles. I was pretty jazzed about that!

[quote=“circleback”]I went to the Taipei Cycle trade show this morning and checked it out. If your into bicycles there’s endless stuff to gawk at. It’s primarily a “trade-only” trade show, so the people “working hard” in the booths are trying to spend most of their time with potential buyers. Just keep that in mind. Having said that, a lot of reps there are friendly and more than willing to chat with you if they are not engaged in working out a deal.

[/quote]

I went on Saturday and noticed that as well. It seemed like if you weren’t a big buyer or distributor then they don’t really care to talk to you. But some of the people were friendly and helpful.

The place was huge and had multiple floors. I didn’t care for any of the accessories and parts. I was only there to check out the bikes, more specifically folding bikes.

The show ran from 9am to 3pm. I arrived there a little too early, before they even opened. And I stayed there till they closed. Didn’t even have time to check out the 5th floor(Chinese companies).

The BMX show was pretty cool. And the outdoor demo area was a lot of fun.

Here’s my trip report from the show, it’s only about folders:
bikeforums.net/showthread.ph … Cycle-Show

Nice report, I went a few years ago and had a spin on some of their high end folders, completely different experience but the prices…
These guys need to make them safe somehow from being stolen, 4000 USD for a titantium bike would be painful.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Nice report, I went a few years ago and had a spin on some of their high end folders, completely different experience but the prices…
These guys need to make them safe somehow from being stolen, 4000 USD for a titantium bike would be painful.[/quote]

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Well, I think the whole point of folding bikes is that you can take it with you wherever you go so that it can’t be stolen.

Even though it’s titanium, $4,000 is an absolute insane amount. That’s about the same price as two titanium Bromptons!