Taipei Bus Lines - Useful Link

I have an app on droid that’s called BusTracker Taipei, easy to use, reliable and partially in English … download from Playstore

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Works even outside Taipei … all lines that are connected to Taipei

Link fixed! It’s e-bus.taipei.gov.tw/new/engl … x_6_1.aspx

Link fixed! It’s e-bus.taipei.gov.tw/new/engl … x_6_1.aspx[/quote]

Just to clarify - the above seems not to include New Taipei City - but only “Taipei”.
Is there such a website which includes NTC?

And one more thing:
The buses in TPE are all getting upgraded to Bilingual LED boards which show the destination as even clarify to pay upfront or after the ride.
Even my bus , the 357 to Linkou has each stop announced written and spoken in both languages.
And plugs to connect PC / iPads on each row.
And 3 screens to watch the news while comfortable cruising.

Great progress - :thumbsup:

It has NTC included as far as it has buslines to and from Taipei … and the app is there to see how long you need to wait for the next bus, so you don’t waste time

Taiwan news … needed on the bus, very loud …
they used to have that on buses long time ago, canceled it for some reason.
bi-lingual led signs? What era are you living in? They have that on every bus I take.

BusTracker Taipei for Android (free) has had a major upgrade, better ui, maps and directions, almost turn-by-turn …

BusTracker Taipei, the Android app includes a map, probably Google, that displays all bus stops in Taipei and New Taipei, when tapping on a bus stop it will open a live bus arrival time for all buses halting on that stop … very useful

Is there Taipei bus map that shows all the bus routes on one map (similar to the MRT map)?

Google maps is more than sufficient and BusTracker Taipei is a nice extra but would be nice to see everything on one map to just pick a bus and RIDE to some distant destination with no plan in mind…

Yes, Live Bus Location (I think that’s the English name) or 台北公車即時位置. I don’t know if it comes in English, but it’s pretty straightforward even if it doesn’t.

[quote=“tango42”]Is there Taipei bus map that shows all the bus routes on one map (similar to the MRT map)?

Google maps is more than sufficient and BusTracker Taipei is a nice extra but would be nice to see everything on one map to just pick a bus and RIDE to some distant destination with no plan in mind…[/quote]

There would not be enough colors to represent each bus line in New Taipei/Taipei.

If you want to see the route map for a specific bus#, you’re better off using the route map option on the app(s). I know Taipei Bus Tracker has this option.

Is the bus the easiest way to get around? I have a friend who said that the buses are actually quicker than a taxi, and of course cheaper.

In the future they’re planning to number every stop … easier for everyone

Quicker than a taxi … doubt it, cheaper … sure.

Sometimes MRT and walking is faster …

Sometimes MRT and walking is faster …[/quote]

Number every stop? How is this going to be done? Does every single stop in the city (or both Taipei cities?) get a unique number?

Sometimes MRT and walking is faster …[/quote]

Number every stop? How is this going to be done? Does every single stop in the city (or both Taipei cities?) get a unique number?[/quote]

That’s what they said.

It would be nice to have a system to know if you’re on the “去” or “返” side of the road. It gets annoying opening up the different transit apps and not being sure if the 265 that’s coming in five minutes is going in the direction you want, or the other way. Yeah, I know it can be figured out if you look at the route and what direction it’s going in, but that’s an extra ten seconds or so!

Well, if you have a bus stop where dozens of buses stop following different routes, how are they going to number the stop and how is it going to help people on the bus? I guess it will come in handy if you have an App making use of those numbers, hopefully with a map showing all bus stops with numbers, but without electronic help it will probably be just confusing, cause the numbers won’t be in order of bus stops of each bus route.

That’s what they are probably working on, you type in two numbers and it’ll tell you what bus to take …

ebus.taipei.gov.tw/

That Ebus link…I can’t get it to recognize my location using my iPhone, checked the browser settings etc, fail.