Taipei City Council candidate assaulted

I’m old school. He sucker punched a woman. Unacceptable. No further discussion on my part.

3 Likes

Punching a woman is not what ordinary guys do. He isnt an ordinary guy.

1 Like

I’d have to side by him

“Ordinary guys” have done far, far worse than that all throughout history. It merely requires the right circumstances to make it happen. You or I would do exactly the same thing if someone pushed the correct buttons in the correct sequence.

It’s comforting to believe the only people who do bad things are bad people. It’s true some of the time, but not all of the time.

Anyway, I’m sure the newspapers will have some lurid stories for us if it turns out he is a habitual woman-beater.

Why is it so important the the punch-bag was a woman? If it were a man, would the uproar be as rabid?

Nah

哪裡will he be locked up? i see a lot of bu hao yi si on his side , some apples sent to the hospital, stories how he is actually a good kid and then maybe a slap on the wrist.

"It is a frightening thought that man also has a shadow side to him, consisting not just of little weaknesses and foibles, but of a positively demonic dynamism.

The individual seldom knows anything of this; to him, as an individual, it is incredible that he should ever in any circumstances go beyond himself. But let these harmless creatures form a mass, and there emerges a raging monster; and each individual is only one tiny cell in the monster’s body, so that for better or worse he must accompany it on its bloody rampages and even assist it to the utmost.

Having a dark suspicion of these grim possibilities, man turns a blind eye to the shadow-side of human nature."

– Carl Jung

:roll_eyes:

This loonie clocked a lady on the street, what because she was making noise? I don’t think so.

1 Like

How do you know she’s a “lady”? She could just be a normal woman without an aristocratic title.

Lady isn’t a term of respect in the U.S. In fact, it’s often an insult.

1 Like

No, that wasn’t the reason. She just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time doing the wrong thing (and let’s be clear about this: if any of us stood outside a police station making a godawful racket, they’d tell us to fuck off or risk arrest).

The fact that he was almost certainly sane makes it worse, IMO. If it turns out he’s a “loony”, well, different story.

1 Like

Unless a guy tipping his hat is saying it. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Alright. If I see you I’m crossing the street, that’s all I’ll say

1 Like
1 Like

Friend of yours again?

Not into slurs, sorry about that.

Guy

3 Likes

That’s fine, and admirable. There’s nothing wrong with defending other people, but just keep in mind there is also nothing wrong for someone to share their opinion about this politician in the news article (or the “loonie” attacker for that matter). They are not making specific or literal accusations of fact, or claims. They are just sharing their opinions of them, and there are no wrong opinions.

1 Like
2 Likes