“Taipei, CN” - Please make your opinions heard!

I’ve also noticed these very suspicious “Chinese” style characters about the place. Something sinister is at work no doubt.

CNN says the Taiwan tourist killed by a hippo in Kenya last week IS CHINESE. Running across the banner at the bottom of the page.

I called CNN and now they’ve corrected it.

“Correction: This story has been updated to clarify that the two tourists involved were from Taiwan.”
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/africa/chinese-tourist-killed-by-hippo/index.html

1 Like

“Form Taiwan” doesn’t necessarily have the same meaning than “Taiwanese”

I find the the US governments comments to US airlines to be hypocritical. It’s time (and a good time) to just officially recognize ROC/Taiwan as independent country. The biggest fear is China hitting back economically, so it’s really a good time to squeeze in oh and now we also recognize Taiwan/ROC with the trade war.

1 Like

Taiwan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs thanks United Airlines for its creative way to circumvent Beijing’s coercive demands:

Guy

1 Like

Two long-term China expat residents discuss what they call “China’s Crybully Tactics” as they wander around Kenting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I11Ib8PCz_c

Guy

3 Likes

Give me citizenship first on an equal basis.
As a citizen treated fairly I will support this country 100%.

3 Likes

well that promised video about whether taiwan is a country or not should be interesting, cus they are sitting on the fence about it in this video.

Aliexpress calls it “Taiwan, China”, but then it’s a Chinese company (and any company over a certain size are state owned)

Ha, yeah—making sure to keep their subscribers coming back for more content! But the title of the video linked above certainly makes clear their views on China’s desired annexation of Taiwan…

Guy

They’ve already had the online KGB hunt down family in their home countries to harass them. Can’t imagine if they shared actual opinions what would be the b.s. their Chinese families would face.

2 Likes

Local blogger (and lapsed forumosan?) Laorencha takes on Air Canada, tracking some unhappy unintended consequences of its craven capitulation to list Taipei as part of “China”:

Guy

2 Likes

c-milks father in law is a party member so i wouldn’t worry too much about his chinese family. winstons wife has been getting some really uncalled for stuff though.

1 Like

My opinion is that Taipei is not in Connecticut.

Pure scum. There’s a group that actively plots against Seroentza and his relatives and friends.

http://shanghaiist.com/2019/08/06/harry-potter-website-changes-listing-from-taiwan-to-taiwan-china-following-online-uproar/

Now it’s our turn to make an uproar. Send them angry letters back.

Wizardry is illegal in China.

This is largely a fan site run by WB.

I am sooooooooooooooooo GLAD I never read any of her books nor watched one of the movies. There is an angel overlooking me!

1 Like

Right so my boycott list so far:
Yifang Tea
Harry Potter
Air Kanuckistan

anyone else?

1 Like

Anytime I see any beer that I may want to drink (usually due to great sale price), I always make sure it is Not made in the PRC.
That includes Japanese brands and Tsingtao.