“Taipei, CN” - Please make your opinions heard!

Mentioned before not allowed to vote in matters of state. Not not allowed to vote for anything.

The school board open to voting of non citizens is appropriate because of the very large numbers of illegals , mostly Latinos children in calif schools.

Calif especially allows illegals to attend school and even get drivers licenses. And there are other support programs. Plus free hospital care if needed.

Many of these kids are now in college and still can’t travel out of the USA for fear that they may be stopped coming back.

They are waiting for another blanket amnesty and awarding of citizenship.

Calif will fall apart without the large number of mostly Mexican migrant workers. Many of whom stay on illegally.

The govt prefers that their children be educated and basic needs met rather than having hundreds of thousands of uneducated youth run amok.

There are upwards of 20 million plus illegals , now called undocumented persons in the USA.

The plan may be stricter controls against fresh arrivals and blanket amnesty and citizenship for those who have been here a great number of years, especially those who came as kids.

And yes I read the local papers …daily. And am fairly aware of our local issues.

Undocumented persons run into problems eventually not having social security cards and not being able to work legally .

Maybe the only solution is to annex Mexico .

Air New Zealand apparently hasn’t received the memo yet. Or they are asking for a bit of finger twisting…

2 Likes

I bet these companies will cave in. I wish they wouldn’t because I don’t think it’s right to demand a website name change from one country to another. Maybe China should quit calling us Mei Guo? That isn’t the same as the United States. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-airlines-china/u-s-airlines-website-changes-to-taiwan-references-incomplete-says-china-idUSKBN1KG0W4

I think it would only work if all countries banded together and refused to change.
What is China going to do then, ban all the airlines? It would cripple their own air travel significantly.
If nz is the only one refusing they will find their routes get cut shortly

An Air New Zealand spokesperson said the airline has “not received a communication of this nature”
Looks like someone missed the memo. I’m gonna go ahead and get you another copy of the TPS report memo and you can just follow it that would be great… yeaahh

Even the gay world bends over to China and doesn’t respect Taiwan.

Gay Games team renamed ‘Taipei’

“Delta owns a stake in China Eastern Airlines and American owns shares of China Southern Airlines, while United has a partnership with Air China”

'nuff said.

Some thoughtful commentary on the matter from Bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-07-25/don-t-blame-u-s-airlines-for-the-taiwan-kowtow

Guy

After I sent another angry email to Cathay Pacific, I predictably received another predictable boilerplate response:

31/07/2018

Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for your latest email.

I would like to advise you that Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon are registered airlines of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People’s Republic of China. HKSAR is also where our operations are based. We must comply with the regulations and requirements of the relevant civil aviation authorities.

While we totally appreciate your sentiments, I am afraid that we are bound and unable to change anything at the moment.

We do value your support as a . . . . member of our Marco Polo Club and we hope to continue to be of service to you.

Yours sincerely

Aniket Trimbakkar
Customer Relations Executive
Customer Relations Department
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited
Hong Kong Dragon Airlines Limited

Posted this morning on the forum

bus%20china%20taipei

Looks like Taiwan will eventually have no choice but to go back to being the Rep of China and take back the mainland from the commie insurgent gangsters called the CCP.

I will however not hold my breath.

1 Like

Uh, no. Please let someone else take care of that mess. Taiwan’s got enough problems as it is!

Guy

The problem will come when if you don’t go to the mess the mess will come to you.

Another alternative is STAY THE HELL AWAY from the mess. : D

But you’re right that PRC folks are now all over the place. Hope the glimpse(s) of what they see will help tone down the really unhelpful nationalist zeal that’s been drummed into them. One recent study (discussed here by Michael Turton on his blog) suggests that at least for some tourists, this might be the case:

Guy

Not sure where to put this article, but this seems about as good a place as any.

Taiwanese actress Vivian Sung (宋芸樺) on Thursday said she was “proud to be Chinese” in an apology after Chinese netizens uncovered a 2015 interview in which she said her favorite country was Taiwan.

So, since she’s kissing China’s ass shouldn’t the title of this article be “Chinese” actress Vivian Sung…instead of Taiwanese? Apparently, the $$$$ has made her say that she’s Chinese and that Taiwan is part of China. What a joke. No loyalty, no integrity, no national pride, in fact no pride whatsoever! Money, money, money…that’s all anyone ever cares about over here! Taiwanese are simply another flavor of Chinese. Slaves to the money.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2018/08/04/2003697945

1 Like

She said 台灣是我的家鄉,中國是我的祖國. She did not say Taiwan is my hometown. Taiwan is not a fucking town.

A-Mei did the exact same thing after the national anthem fiasco.

I note she’s a 宋…which is a suspiciously “Chinese” family name.

I was wondering if she said “I’m proud to be Chinese” as in her nationality or as in the ethnocultural way.

What’s more accurate translation ? Also, I got the impression she already has been a actress for a while, but she is thanking the 31 incentives. Wasn’t that stuff launched just a few months ago ?

Just home in this case. “Taiwan is my home”. Of course “Chinese Taipei is my hometown” would have been quite clever.

2 Likes

I wonder why they never over do it, the chinese will love it with all the references to xi thought, belt and road, etc., and everyone else will know its a joke.

i like that australian article. strings are most definitely attached when doing business with china. and by cooperating with mainland chinese we are not influencing them and helping them gain democratic values for a future hope of china opening up and becoming more like the west. infact its the total opposite.

1 Like