Taipei Cycle 2022

Tomorrow starts the Taipei Cycle. This year is open to general public full time. Wednesday to Friday from 9am to 6pm; Saturday closes at 3pm (I don’t think it’ll be worth to go on Saturday after 10am).

I don’t think there will be any international visitors and that’s why they opened the show to everyone (local).

If someone is thinking about trying to find some deals; by all means go, but you probably won’t find what you want at the price you hope. Taiwanese don’t like to make sales and they don’t care about taking everything back to their warehouse. Without foreign companies (everything will be local companies or foreign brands represented by their local branches) the chances to find a deal are thinner. Although, since almost everyone goes to not lose their booth rights for following years, some of them may be more willing to sell to cut some losses. This does not mean they’ll be willing to sell cheap

3 Likes

To me a minute to realize it’s an exhibition? Wonder where.

Here a link, I think.

Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1

1 Like

Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center.

https://www.taipeicycle.com.tw/en/index.html

I’m already bored as hell. But I’m here working. Although I don’t have anything to do.

2 Likes

Helmets, became recently very apparent from other posts that I need a helmet… And maybe body armor.

I recommend you stop by here nearby.

2 Likes

Limar made a sell every year on the last day. Super cheap helmets and glasses. Too bad they’re not here this year.

Will do! Thanks!

I’m more curious to know who’s actually there this year.

They are not:

They are barely there:

2 Likes

KCNC such a big name/factory and that’s their booth? It’s clear that they’re there bc they just need to be there.

I remember booths weren’t cheap either. Was this year is no exception?

Companies don’t want to lose their seniority. If they don’t attend one year, they may find some troubles to get the booth size and placement they want in the following years. So, they pay for the booth even if they don’t really want to attend a show under these circumstances.

Those two photos show extreme cases, but most companies are there with more basic decoration and less products and personal that they would under normal circumstances.

Finally, there’s how Taiwanese bike companies think about themselves. Most of them think about themselves as factories for others. Yes, most of them are just factories, they may have a brand to dress their products or even to sell in small quantities in the local market, but that’s it. But some of them have brands that they want to sell internationally, and for some of them the brand can be a significant part of their revenue. And yet, they behave like a factory at all levels. So, a show where there are not (professional) international visitors is of no interest for them. Local professionals can visit them anytime, and local end users are not their damn problem, they are just their customers’ customers.

In summary, unless you’re a bike geek and you don’t have anything better to do (like riding your bike?) I don’t think this show is worth visiting.

2 Likes

I visited the outdoor area before heading into the office today and arrived a bit early. Glad to bump into a few familiar faces though.

2 Likes

Delete