Taipei Bike Works - Expat owned Bicycle Shop

Unfortunately you are right. I am still a very small shop and we do not stock shoes, helmets or cycling gear due the huge investment cost. Only accessories, parts, bikes and service. However, in most cases, we can match or get an even lower price for many things you see in other shops. It is in the plan to get some helmets and shoes soon, but there are shops nearby that can offer better experiences for that at this moment.

It has been raining a bunch lately. We have a bicycle smart trainer in shop available for rent now.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Shop recommendations for buying road bike shoes

I now carry most gravel tires, from Panaracer and Maxxis. I don’t think you will be able to find them anywhere else. They have good rolling resistance on pavement, and allow you to go off the beaten path or broken roads without worry. We have built up 4 gravel bikes this past month. Let me know if a “do-everything” bike works for you too. We have also been able to fill most requests for new bikes for people sized 180cm and taller.

We have been getting requests to update people’s old bikes. Here we went from fixed gear, to a 8-speed internal hub system.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a BEAUTY. Only small complain: the front tube headset bearings case… other than that, very eye catchy.

1 Like

Thank you, yes, it will be used everyday out in the city. The customer didn’t care about the looks so much as how it functioned. A bit of rust on the cups is superficial. Matches the brown on the rest of the bike haha. It is so much fun to ride around on. Very quiet and smooth.

All these bikes really is making me think about buying a commuter with my year end bonus instead of new wheels for the race whip.

1 Like

@ttwan next time I visit taiwan I’ll be bringing my bike over. It needs a service anyway, but would you be willing to service it and build it back up post-flight? Usually something gets stripped when I break down my bike :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, that is no problem, we have built up many bikes post flight. We also do a safety check and minor tube up, should be a better bike than when you packed it. Haha.

How much does a ti frame run in Taiwan?

1 Like

Hello, there a few frames out there that range from 40,000-122,000NTD that I am able to source for you. If you want to know more, please come by the shop sometime or send us an email, Facebook message and we can discuss more.

I have some frames sitting around that need a good home, ready to be built up.

A small update on your favorite shop. Below are some cool bikes that come through the shop for service or been built by us. There was a frame swap after a crash. We now diagnose Di2 and AXS issues. We have fully taken off with wheel building. If you need a quality replacement rim or just a rebuild, let us know. There has yet to be a job we haven’t been able to accomplish. We love a challenge and will work on any type of bicycle.

7 Likes

Bit of a bizarre question (and you may not have the answer), I’m considering 環島 in a couple of weeks and my plan for “luggage” was a very light backpack and 7/11. However, (just browsing this site) on the photos above there is a saddle bag attached to the bike - don’t suppose you have any details on the make…or perhaps you guys sell them?

b0fa112fbd2576123595537cc10969fb2b75c3be_2_690x460

1 Like

Yes, we carry a few different styles, come by and see what fits your bike best. Some are waterproof and go from 6L to 18L

Have you taken your bike for ride after a few months indoors? And you think to yourself, what is that strange sound or rattling noise? I don’t remember hearing that.

Time to get a tune-up!

Sometimes it can be as simple as your rear rack, or miss-aligned gears, or even just a piece of dirt in your chain. Whatever the issue, we will find it and get you back on your way in no time!

We would highly recommend a service if you ride in the rain often… you’d be surprised how much water sweeps into your frame.

1 Like

What do you charge for a service and what does it entail?

They’ve got a price list here on their website, it depends on the service.

1 Like

Nice! Thank you sir