Taipei Fire Department t-shirt

My uncle, a retired Chicago fire fighter, collects Fire Department t-shirts and badges from around the world.
He wants me to get him a Taipei Fire Department t-shirt.

I have asked a couple firemen here and the only thing I was offered was a couple of used ones.
I asked where I could buy a new one. The guys said that they were given theirs and didn’t know.
And one guy who looked at me horrified when I asked him where he got his shirt and said to me, “I married. To a woman.”

Anyone seen them for sale or know where there is a fire department uniform shop in Taipei?

Thanks.

Don’t know if you can buy them, but the Taiwan Police College near Wanfang Hospital MRT (brown line) has a bunch of trainee fire fighters. You could go there and ask.

How about joining as a volunteer? :smiley:

Ok, seriously, don’t think you can do that. The training college seems like a good bet, but what about the military surplus stores? Worth a look. Perhaps they may even be able to help you find one…

I’d also love to find a Taipei Fire Dept T-shirt for a friend of mine back home (he’s a fire fighter).

Does anyone have any updated info or ideas to add to this thread?

Maybe some firefighter left one behind in a 7-Eleven somewhere… :whistle:

[quote=“irishstu”]I’d also love to find a Taipei Fire Dept T-shirt for a friend of mine back home (he’s a fire fighter).

Does anyone have any updated info or ideas to add to this thread?[/quote]
Ewwww! You’re coming over all Yankified! Your friend is a FIREMAN and he works for the FIRE BRIGADE.

And you can indeed join the volunteer fire fighters. I think they’re based up at Tianmu or someplace. They don’t actually fight fires I don’t think. They tend to get together to play with their um… hoses and er… stuff. They mostly do charity fund-raising and that kind of thing, too.

You don’t have any at your house?

Ha.

You know I was up at that Gondola station on my bike (the one BEFORE Maokong) and there were tonnes of fire fighters hanging out there. I guess it’s some sort of station up there. I cycled around the car park for a bit to see if there was one lying around, but no such luck.

I suppose I could go back up and ask some of the fellas up there, but I’d much rather get one out of an army-surplus-type place.

Does no-one here know any firefighters?

EDIT: And Sandman, it was my (Scottish) mate who told me they’re all called fire fighters now. As for Fire Dept, I’m referring to Taipei, That’s what it’s called. So haud yer wheesht.

You don’t have any at your house?[/quote]
He took it back.

God! The inexorable creep of “progress.”
Mark my words; it won’t be long before our young people are chewing “gum” and listening to bloody “rock and roll.”

I think the youngsters are calling it Rock
n
Roll these days.

n
Roll these days.[/quote]
See what I mean? That doesn’t even make any SENSE! What in the devil’s name does n mean? Bloody youths, with their American ways.

n
Roll these days.[/quote]
See what I mean? That doesn’t even make any SENSE! What in the devil’s name does n mean? Bloody youths, with their American ways.[/quote]

FWIW, when I was a callow spotted youth sneaking ciggies in friends’ basements to the strains of R. Gallagher, sundry Bros. Winter, and various Faces, et al, it was a well known fact that use of the “‘n’” betwixt the two R’s was a sure sign that the user was a fogey.
REAL rockers always used the full “and”.

I prefer “rock & roll”. Ampersands rule.

Sock hops, too. That’s another blight that’s sure to corrupt our tender ones. Before you know it, they’ll be wearing vented jackets and talking about their “pads.” Its a slippery slope.

You could always join the TVFD

tvfd.net

but the initiation is a bitch

Psst, do you want a Taipei FD shirt with a small hole at the front, a large hole in the back and a few blood stains? That’s all easily fixed, guaranteed, mate.