Taipei Jazz, August/September

2008/8/28

Hiromi Uehara Quartet
, National Concert Hall, NT$1400 - NT$3000
Line-up:
Hiromi Uehara (piano); Tony Grey (Bass); David Fiuczynski (guitar); Martin Valihora (percussion).

2008/9/5

McCoy Tyner Quartet
Line-up:
McCoy Tyner (piano); Christian Scott (trumpet); Gerald Cannon (bass); Eric Gravatt (precussion).

2008/9/15

Dianne Reeves
Line-up:
Dianne Reeves (vocals); Romero Lubambo (guitar); Peter Martin (piano); Reuben Rogers (bass); Greg Hutchinson (percussion).

artsticket.com.tw

• Payment with a Mercedes-Benz credit card entitles you to a 10% discount.

2008/9/28

Omara Portuondo
, Taipei International Convention Centre, NT$800 - NT$3200
Line-up:
Omara Portuondo (vocals); Swami Jr. (musical director, guitar); Harold Lopez Nussa (piano); Felipe Cabrera (double bass); Andrés Coayo, Rodney Yllarza Barreto (percussion).

ticket.com.tw

Nice to see you on the boards, Chung.

I think I’ll be at the McCoy Tyner gig on the 5th.

Looking forward to hearing and seing him on piano live. You?

I had the good fortune of seeing Kenny Garrett on Saturday and also have tickets for Omara Portuondo next month. If I hadn’t made prior vacation plans for this week, off to Rover Beach, then I most certainly would be going to witness Hiromi’s Sonicbloom!

Hiromi’s Sonicbloom; Time Out
ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkBi5CzRJc
tokyo-jazz.com/en/artists/index.html

[quote=“chung”]I had the good fortune of seeing Kenny Garrett on Saturday and also have tickets for Omara Portuondo next month. If I hadn’t made prior vacation plans for this week, off to Rover Beach, then I most certainly would be going to witness Hiromi’s Sonicbloom!

Hiromi’s Sonicbloom; Time Out
ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkBi5CzRJc
Tokyo-jazz.com/en/artists/index.html[/quote]

hot damn! why didnt anyone tell me the real kenny g was playing? oh well i’ll be at mccoy tyner for sure…thanks for letting us know

Do they have ths every year?

anyway, just thought I’d add this

tw.youtube.com/watch?v=TebUMhJAKSM