Taipei Jewish Center responds to controversy ... | Taiwan News

I’m sure there’s a few muppets around here with some nazi themed “english” names

Not to downplay the tragedy of it of course, but the holocaust isn’t the only genocide - not even in the 20th century. Why does no other elicit the same response?

2 Likes

I think because those genocides were mostly commited by Muslims against Christians and other non-Muslim groups. A lot of mass murder was also done by communism.

It’s against PC culture to criticize Islam or communism, so the other genocides don’t get much mention. Though in case of the Armenian genocide by Muslim Turkey, it’s political.

1 Like

Maybe their family members were KMT soldiers who were trained and part of the nazi troops? Weren’t many KMT troops, trained and even served as officers like CKS’s son for the nazi military?

1 Like

Pretty sure that was with the soviets

I don’t think it’s clear who they were. But the KMT and the nazis were allies for a while. CKSs son definitely had a nazi uniform, I know I’ve seen it somewhere.

Ah I had a quick google. I was thinking of Chiang Ching guo who studied in Russia. Looks like another of his sons served in the Wehrmacht before WW2. That’s interesting. The KMT was allied with the soviets until Chiang purged the commies. They then cooperated with Germany before and while the Nazi party was in control until the second sino-japanese war.
Chiang_Wei-kuo_Nazi_1

Regardless, I don’t think it’s debatable the atrocities committed by the nazis.

However I’m a strong supporter of free speech, the good and the ugly that comes with that responsibility. The owner should take it down imo out of their own choice. Anything else is rather nazi like and in spirit of what we are disgusted by with the nazi symbol.

I am a strong supporter of regulating hate speech and I would prosecute whoever openly displays a Swastika and all the idiots spreading hate speech online.

2 Likes

And who will be the regulator of what is hate speech? Which morally incorruptable, infallible and completely unbiased person do you nominate? You?

The nazis had people like this, minister of propaganda, etc. Try putting a USSR flag in nazi Germany. Or a CCP flag during Martial law time.

Are you this incapable of not taking your business to someone who flys a nazi flag at their store you need someone to prevent it for you? Are you this lazy and apolitical you can’t just actively vote and voice your opinions against political ideologies you’re against. Why bother even making any choices lol.

Just saw this in a mall display selling children’s books, so there is some attempt at educating about WWII/Nazis. I think I’ll pick it up.

EDIT: I couldn’t buy only one book. It was a set of books for 1700. I passed, but I’m really curious.

The primary reason why Holocaust got as bad as it did was the incitement of hate speech against the Jews (and the Slavs).

I understand. So I’m capable of being against it all on my own. I don’t need anyone else to do it for me.

That’s a pretty incredible statement. It’s not like the Nazis whipped up some hate speech and things then proceeded to the Holocaust of their own accord, or even that the directly involved criminals were whipped up into some kind of frenzy by it. For that matter, a lot of them were Eastern Europeans who weren’t much exposed to Nazi propaganda (and didn’t need to be). The hate campaign may have made things easier, but the Nazis still had to make everything happen. Being who they were they were definitely going to use a hate campaign, but on the other hand they tried to conceal what they were doing from most people. Things proceeded the way they did because there was an organized plan. I guess one could say that people wouldn’t have gone along with it without the hate campaign, which might even be true, but they didn’t do the hate campaign for no reason. The ultimate goal was already in mind

How I like my nazis

https://youtu.be/N-dUtLg7KfU

It’s nice to know who are the inbred dumb asses who think they’re the superior race or the low IQ ignorant people are.

But it seems the nazis get a special outrage, not undeserving. But don’t see any posts of sickle and scythe symbols, mao and CKS shirts being sold, guys wear Che shirts etc.

1 Like

So you hate “Hate speech”?:rofl: And how would you regulate it ? You mean like categories into different levels or something.

Well many people aren’t capable of that.

Exactly, and the propaganda, misinformation and hate speech were some of their most powerful tools. There’s a reason why Goebbels and Streicher are regarded as the head and heart of the Holocaust: they were in charge of the hatred-spreading propaganda.

Countries like Canada, Germany, Sweden, New Zealand … practically all democracies that are not the US all have law against hate speech. Maybe control+C one or two of them.

1 Like

Not when it came to carrying out their program of mass murder, not really. It was mostly carried out by SS men who had their own training and motivations, and as I’ve pointed out, plenty of people who were never exposed to their hate speech and didn’t need to be. I’m not sure the average German of the day really needed to be either.

Goebbels and Streicher are regarded as the head and heart of the Holocaust.

? They aren’t. Try Hitler, Himmler, Heydrich, and a bunch of similar SS types.

There was plenty of hate for the treaty of Versailles that affected the average German daily. If you watch most of hitlers speeches and study the history, that really was what he got the people up and arms about to let him take power, not so much burn the Jews speech we see in movies for dramatic effect.

1 Like

I agree. And hate for what was seen as the results of democracy, and the far left. Most people probably wouldn’t have cared about Jewish people much.

1 Like

Just goes to show how free the US is then, God Bless the USA.