Taipei lantern festival ... 2007

Taipei lantern festival kicked off last night at the ‘CKS’ memorial … here are a few impressions …

Man those are good. Any from Pingxi?

Hey, were where you the last couple of days? :slight_smile:

Ok, ok … here my private collection I’m starting of wallpapers (including Pingxi) … and here a few more that were ok … enjoy!

Hiding out. But hey, this is NOT a lantern:

What is not a lantern? no image, just a broken link …

Broken link? Works for me. It’s the shot of the waves in with all your lantern shots.

Just a red cross …

Belgian Pie, Those pictures are awesome, dude!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :bravo:
I thought that one really was Taipei 101 all lit up, then I looked closely and saw it was just a lantern. Well done…

Update … a few more of last night …

BP, the Tourism Bureau really should be banging on your door and offering you bags of money to do photo essays for them promoting Taiwan.

… you got an address or a contact?

… you got an address or a contact?[/quote]

I don’t know anyone higher than a division chief there. But I’ll put in a good word for you if I get the chance. :wink:

… you got an address or a contact?[/quote]

I don’t know anyone higher than a division chief there. But I’ll put in a good word for you if I get the chance. :wink:[/quote]

Judging from the “monkey” ethics a majority of “government” officials seem to have on the island, they would probably copy your photos from Forumosa and not even ask you for permission or pay you. Didn’t that happen to Brian Kennedy regarding some of his writings on the history of martial arts in Taiwan? Ministries borrowing his writings without even asking for permission. Lovely protection of intellectual property, especially when it involves foreigners. :laughing:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … arts+stole

I prefer lantern festival and dragon boat festival to all the other festivals in Taiwan.
I snapped these while passing through PinXi from the saddle of my motorcycle yesterday as I was on my way to keelung. There was certainly no parking:

I have a friend here who takes pictures of birds. He’s a clever chap and he devised a program that tells him when someone downloads his pictures from the net. It informs him of the IP address and the location. Actually, I have no idea how it works because I’m wubbish at computers, but I do know that he actively baits companies.

Anyhow, he watches any publications or websites involved with the IP like a hawk. He’s successfully sued companies for using his work in publications without due credit. His last victim was Tai Da university. They used an image of his for an in-house publication and he managed to get a nice 1.2 million from them.

Not bad. It just goes to that if you pursue copyright infringements, the perpetrators can be bought to cough up some cash.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]

I have a friend here who takes pictures of birds. He’s a clever chap and he devised a program that tells him when someone downloads his pictures from the net. It informs him of the IP address and the location. Actually, I have no idea how it works because I’m wubbish at computers, but I do know that he actively baits companies.[/quote]

Your friend sounds rather smart.

My highlights of the celebration at the 堂…

[quote=“Dangermouse”]
I have a friend here who takes pictures of birds. He’s a clever chap and he devised a program that tells him when someone downloads his pictures from the net. It informs him of the IP address and the location. Actually, I have no idea how it works because I’m wubbish at computers, but I do know that he actively baits companies.

Anyhow, he watches any publications or websites involved with the IP like a hawk. He’s successfully sued companies for using his work in publications without due credit. His last victim was Tai-Da university. They used an image of his for an in-house publication and he managed to get a nice 1.2 million from them.

Not bad. It just goes to that if you pursue copyright infringements, the perpetrators can be bought to cough up some cash.[/quote]

This actually something you have in some packs offered by web hosts, it keeps statistics of all that happend on your site, surfing, downloading … it logs the IP number and country, visted pages, pictures viewed …

Yes, web-stats is a very common technology.

DM, you have a very smart and tech-savvy girlfriend. You should ask her these things sometimes. :unamused:

hey great pics!

anyone go to the festival in taichung city?? not exactly what i expected, was more like a pooh bear festival, very freaky but fun :slight_smile: everybody sat watching waterfountains that spouted to music, one of the songs was about piglet going on a picnic :slight_smile:

cands