Taipei marathon 2005?

The Comrades Marathon is a 90 km race that takes place between Durban and Pietermaritzburg/Pietermaritzburg and Durban in kwaZulu, South Africa on June 16th every year. Next year will be a down run (from Pietermaritzburg to Durban). It has a time limit of 11 hours. I would like to join other runners interested in running the race. It would be fun to run the Comrades in a Taiwan “bus”. There is still quite a lot of time left, but training does take a couple of months. For more information, visit www.comrades.com

Since I haven’t received any replies yet, I’ve decided to forget about the Comrades this year. If anybody out there is interested in the Taipei Marathon, it would be nice if we could run it together. In fact any race after April would do. :slight_smile:

Hi Aubrey, I usually run a marathon once a year or so. As far as I know the Taipei Marathon will likely be in December although they do have a Taipei marathon on an elevated expressway next month which is pretty boring.

Have you run Comrades before? What’s your target?

Hi Eric. Although I have run long distances before, I’m not readyfor one now. I would like to run the Taipei Marathon in December. I have a few friends who have promised to run it with me. I think we should be ready to run our first marathon at 6 minutes/km by June. If you are interested we could run one together then. Thank you very much. Do you realize that you are the first runner who has responded. I thought there would be more interested people. I have run the Comrades twice, but only completed it once. I finished my first Comrades with 15 minutes to spare.The second time I walked all the way to Ashburton where I was forced into a “taxi”. I usually just try to finish. I used to belong to Oxford Striders in East London, South Africa.

Hey Aubrey, it’s great to know someone else here likes running too! I’ve cooled off these past couple months after Taipei Marathon last year but look set on building up a base once again for this year’s action.

I normally enter all of the Chinese Taipei Road Running Association (CTRRA) races since I am here in Taipei. Their English website has a schedule at sportsnet.org.tw/english/ I’m not sure if you get up this way often (are you in Hsinchu?), but we can give each other some encouragement.

That Comrades experience must have been something. If I could get there I would love to do it. I don’t believe I have gone much farther than 42.195K, and don’t think I want to either :slight_smile:

Anyway, I won’t be ready for a marathon in June but hope to give it another shot this December. Meantime, it’s time to get to work.

Let me know if or when you are racing in TPE so you can meet some more of us runners.