Taipei MRT, Neihu Line: Who f***ed up?

I suggest they rip out the seats on one side to free up more room. Even when only one person is standing between the seats the space is too cramped.

Designate remaining seats as “priority seating”.

[quote=“Flakman”]I suggest they rip out the seats on one side to free up more room. Even when only one person is standing between the seats the space is too cramped.

Designate remaining seats as “priority seating”.[/quote]

why didnt they just copy the seat arrangement from the old Muzha line cars? they seemed to have met with public acceptance and were quite good. why change a good idea?

but yes, ripping out seats on one side certainly would make the whole thing a lot more spacious and useful and is a good idea if big crowds are a common thing.

Those sensors just don’t understand Taiwanese culture.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Flakman”]I suggest they rip out the seats on one side to free up more room. Even when only one person is standing between the seats the space is too cramped.

Designate remaining seats as “priority seating”.[/quote]

why didnt they just copy the seat arrangement from the old Muzha line cars? they seemed to have met with public acceptance and were quite good. why change a good idea?

but yes, ripping out seats on one side certainly would make the whole thing a lot more spacious and useful and is a good idea if big crowds are a common thing.[/quote]

right, how bout rip out all the seats?..run a cattle car service, oh and let people sit on top too like in india… :sunglasses:

yes iv noticed on youtube vids that the cars seem to be very fast, much faster then the Muzha line cars were?[/quote]

faster when they are moving…not so fast when they get stuck between stations :sunglasses:

the problems are continuing…zhongxiao-Fuxing actually shut itself down yesterday because too many people were stranded on the platform…

and again this morning…problem seems to be the sensors are too, um, sensitive, and keep freezing up the cars…[/quote]

Truth be told, I do recall in my student days we had to wait at least one “load” (or car) to squeeze in, travelling from Zhingshiao Fuxing to Muzha Zoo to get to school during rush hour.

Cattle car…Mmm… We would need space on top, as we usually reply back home to the driver when he yells: double lines! when there are already three or four inside the bus…

I saw this thread yesterday and kinda blew it off thinking that the Neihu line wasn’t that bad in my brief travels on the new line. Well today’s experience changed all that. I went to Miramar to do some shopping for my new apartment. I figured I would go mid-afternoon and come back before rush hour and it would be fine. All went well, I bought a ton of crap and the train wasn’t too full. Then just after we came out of the Songshan stop the train hit the brakes hard. Everyone was fine and I thought it would start going a few minutes. And we all waited, and waited some more. Maybe 30-45 minutes. Most of the time it was okay. I pulled my water out and drank it in open defiance of the rules. Then they turned off the a/c and it was hot. There were a couple of older guys in the crowded car that were joking around. One of them pushed the emergency call button and they yelled at the person who answered it for awhile. Later he opened the doors on the inside of the track to let some fresh air in. Him and his friends started waving and yelling at people on the street underneath. A crowd had gathered and was taking pictures of the train. There was another train coming the other way that stopped near us. We could see them and they could see us. So they opened up some of their doors and people were joking and waving back and forth. I kinda spaced out and then I noticed that the other car was emptying out and people were walking on the little walkway between the tracks. So it seemed that we were evacuating now. I walked back with all my shit. Mostly it was okay, but I wasn’t happy walking in the sun on top of the tracks. Inside the station there were tons of people mobbing the information desk. I didn’t even bother. I went down stairs and an ambulance was just pulling up. The emt guys pulled out a gurney and headed into the station. There were no buses waiting to pick me up. I tried talking to some other people waiting around about sharing a taxi, but my chinese was too bad or they were going the other way. So I ended up going by myself on a 185 nt taxi ride. Did anyone else get stuck on this train? Seems like the whole line is stopped from the zoo to Neihu. Ugh.

Guys, as Petras said, check the news: Neihu line COMPLETELY stopped.

We really need to merge these two threads.

Couple of links in Chinese:

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090710/1/1mtvj.html

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090710/8/1mtui.html

Mess started about 3:30 pm.

They claim to be preparing shuttle buses.
http://news.cnyes.com/dspnewsS.asp?rno=10&fi=%5CNEWSBASE%5C20090710%5CWEB2398&vi=34056&sdt=20090708&edt=20090710&top=50&date=20090710&time=16:42:49&cls=index1_totalnews

hmmm what the heck is going on?

major issues with the neihu line?

can u chinese readers translate articles for us pleebs?

edit : found this news clip from july 4th opening. tons of people, this system is not designed to be a high capacity system. definitely overloaded the system all these people. People complained about the scary fast 20 second doors and that riding inside was like dancing the lambada as you were so close to your fellow passengers :slight_smile: The stores were happy though as sales increased tremendously “seen only during major holidays” many promotions going on including one US ANGUS BEEEF 50PCT OFF. 500nt for a KG instead of 1000nt/kg. So US beef is here now then.
youtube.com/watch?v=xuEmp63-Kzs

will see if i can find a clip on todays mess?

Sorry, Tommy, ther eis not much to traslate just that the line is still on total halt, the staff is not clear on what got the car stuck or even what is going on.

Got to see the news tonite to find out more. :popcorn:

I might be on the news haha. They were filming me while I was walking out of the station. If you see a gringo wearing a blue spongebob shirt, that’s me.

youtube.com/watch?v=xuEmp63-Kzs

gosh its not fun riding like that all scrunched up. IT will work if it goes down to normal mucha line levels.

Sponge Bob?!
:astonished:

EDIT:
I’ll record it for you. Do you remember which SNG was it?

Just heard that the whole line has suspended operations pending further notice.

So that’s no Metro service between Neihu and Muzha on a Friday evening rush hour.

Some heads will roll for this no doubt! Hate to be associated with Taipei MRT Company right now, so please be gentle with the Station Attendants (the locals will give them a hard enough time without prompting).

Me, I’m scooting around town tonight.

Sponge Bob?!
:astonished:

EDIT:
I’ll record it for you. Do you remember which SNG was it?[/quote]

Not sure what channel it was. Yes spongebob squarepants. It looks funny but people always like it. One time I was shopping at a walgreens back in the states wearing this shirt and a girl told me she was wearing spongebob panties. She pulled her pants down a little to show them to me, and she wasn’t lying.

i hate to say i told you so but ahem i told you so…

…SNAFU… :roflmao:

So people are standing in Zhongshiao Fushing, average time waiting to get on the shuttle bus is 30 MINUTES!

Obviously no happy campers. I saw one woman flipping the birdie towards a cameraman.

Then one of them asks a reporter when will the system be up and running, and she tells them what Hau said: tomorrow morning at 6. (suuurreee… :ohreally: )

Let’s just say the woman was shocked.

Also, please note people were left to fend for themselves at 37 degrees. It took operators 30 minutes to even tell people to start walking down the lines towards the nearest station. How long will it take them to react in a real emergency, Heaven forbid? Our lives are in their hands every single day. :snivel:

Most newschannels tiptoe around the issue and try not to devote a lot of time. And on the talk show, they just say they have no idea what cause the break down but that it’ll never happen again… :blah:

In a few months when all is smooth I will retort with a similar line. :wink:

But on reflection I fear you may be right. This line afterall began construction in 2002 during Ma’s reign, the reign which resulted in the GONDOLA THAT ATE MONKEY MOUNTAIN and the flooding of the entire system during typhoon Nari.

[quote=“Icon”]So people are standing in Zhongshiao Fuxing, average time waiting to get on the shuttle bus is 30 MINUTES!

[/quote]

My wife ended up spending $350 in a taxi from Nanjing E Rd to Wanfang because of it. She got a receipt and is planning to make daily complaints until the MRT company pay her. Not sure if it’ll do much good though.