šŸš‡ Taipei - MRT | Neihu MRT to Keelung?

Oh, okay. Those images look a lot less rustic and unsanitary than the current layout. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I knew about the rest of the line, but its obvious with the approval of the Keelung line this is now overkill to add the last three stations from Donghu to Xike. Hey its Taipei just take all our money !

I donā€™t think Keelung line goes to Donghu

Will switch at Nangang.
So why does it need another line directly to Donghu. The budgeted cost is a massive 1.25 Billion USD for 4 stations, 2 of which are already linked and 2 which have a small population.
Thatā€™s why when I saw this I was thinking ā€˜ahaā€™ they are afraid it will get cancelled after budget review , better get it approved and started pronto.

The Cabinet said in a statement Friday night that Premier Su Tseng-chang (č˜‡č²žę˜Œ) has agreed to an initial budget of NT$27.85 billion (US$907 million) to start on the new lineā€™s design and contact subcontractors to facilitate the construction of the new line.

The approval came after two revisions of the plan by New Taipei City and a review by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC) and the National Development Council, the Cabinet said.

With a total budget of NT$37.69 billion, the 5.5 kilometer Xizhi-Donghu line will have six stops, with the eastern end expected to be built next to Donghu Station on Metro Taipeiā€™s Wenhu (Brown) Line.

They are separate lines. The Keelung and the Minshenh one both go to the same Xizhi stations.

I know they are separate lines. Thereā€™s no point to extend the Neihu line to Xizhi at a massive cost when it is already going to be served by TRA and new Keelung MRT line through Nangang.
Also that planned route isnā€™t clear which line is sharing what. It would seem some of the Neihu Xizhi line would share the same line as the Keelung MRT line? Thereā€™s no way they are building 2 MRT lines beside each other.

No that line will be extended across Taipei. Look below. The Donghu part is just the first part

I know the line will be extended across Taipei. My point is the the last part of it doesnā€™t need to be built to be extended to Xizhi as they could connect many other ways. Itā€™s nice for the folks in Xizhi but it will probably be at a massive cost.

There is a science park in Xizhi and also lots of tech stuff in Neihu, not really sure what the problem is. More transit is better no?

What about the rest of the country lol. Itā€™s funny how billions are just lobbed around Taipei to folks who already have train lines and MRT lines.
By the way you donā€™t need to tell me about Xizhi and Neihu science parks, I was part of the first wave to work in those places :).

Arenā€™t they building mass transit everywhere?

Most jobs and most of the population are in the North. Taiwan is rich, everyone can have trains

No unfortunately. Not in any way to the same degree.
Most of the population in the Northā€¦cuo.

I donā€™t really get the problem. And donā€™t really see more mass transit as a waste of money

The reduction in frequency on the Red Line seems to have been yet another Ko Wen-je era cost-cutting move (he seemed obsessed with them)ā€”perhaps necessitated when the COVID crisis reduced ridership, but not now!

Guy

1 Like

Like man, seriously, that arrogant tool (no better word to describe him), either didnā€™t do anything or, when amazingly did something, did wrong.

Every time I need to go to Daan/101 area, the waiting time is just absurd compared to all the other lines. And the ridership on the Red line is among the heaviest!

Not much hope for the new administration either, I will be very happy to be proven wrong, but nothing good came from KMT in a long time.

Todayā€™s news was big on a special discount for early birds to get to the Science park in Neihu by MRT instead of those nightmarish traffic jams by car. Daily commute reduced by 700 NTD.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: San Francisco is worse than the third world in some places

They might even make it free, but how to get from mrt to the actual place? Transfer to bus? Until a proper mrt line is built, no viable solution.

Bike probablyā€¦in the city officialsā€™ mind.

At least the tech complex in Xindian like Gigabyte, have a mini bus to take employees to and from the MRT.

Bike is a good final-mile option usually. But the problem in Neihu is that a lot of companies are over a mile from the current MRT stations

1 Like