Taipei Parks with Fitness Corner?

Hi,

We’'ll be in Taipei for about a week in June and are trying to look for a public park with the full range of fitness equipment e.g parallel bar and pull-up bar so that we can do some exercise while we’re there. We read that Taipei has quite a number of nice parks and would prefer to be out there rather than using a gym.

Need some advice here.

Thanks!

[quote=“masque”]Hi,

We’'ll be in Taipei for about a week in June and are trying to look for a public park with the full range of fitness equipment e.g parallel bar and pull-up bar so that we can do some exercise while we’re there. We read that Taipei has quite a number of nice parks and would prefer to be out there rather than using a gym.

Need some advice here.

Thanks![/quote]

Pretty much any park is going to have at least chin up bars. The riversides in taipei are all lined with parks and bike paths. You can rent bikes at numerous places along the river. If you like outdoor exercise it’s hard to beat the riverside. Paths go on for hundreds of km and you can even do a whole loop of the city now.

imgur.com/a/WHKLv

I refer to the above link and photo album. Apparently it has pull up bars and a parallel bar. :smiley:

Can anyone tell me which park this is? The third photo has the name of the park inscribe on a rock, but I couldn’t make out the first letter.

Please let me know the name and location of this park. Thanks!!! :bow:

The name is Fu Xing Park. But, tons of parks have this kind of equipment. The easier way for you is to let us know what area of Taipei you are staying in, and then people can tell you what parks in that area have this kind of equipment.

Thanks for all the kind replies!!!

I am thinking of staying in either Da’an or Ximending region. One park comes to mind: 華中河濱公園 (HuaZhong Riverside Park).

I checked Google maps, and it seems the nearest train station to HuaZhong park is LongShan station. But the park is quite a distance from LongShan station. :noway:

What is the best/fastest means of travel between LongShan station and HuaZhong Riverside Park? Taxi or Bicycle? If so, where could we get a taxi or a bicycle? :flowers:

Any input? Pleazzzzee? :notworthy:

I just biked through that park today, but I have no idea how you’d get from Longshan Temple MRT to the park, as I don’t enter the park from any of the surrounding neighborhoods. That’s just one of many riverside parks I ride through on my 25k ride. If you want to get to a riverside park from Longshan Temple MRT, the park under Huajiang Bridge is a lot closer, but that one is mainly for birdwatching and baseball.

Bench press, curls, legs, etc with built-in weights.

https://goo.gl/maps/6MGpG6JdPpx8KNu79

4 Likes

Just came across this. It’d be great if that stuff in the previous post is still there. I might go and look.

I came here because I was just at the Fuhe Sports Park and realised they have a couple of actual exercise machines, including a rowing machine. ‘Actual’ in that they have resistance in them.

It would be good to know where else in Taipei and NTC such things could be found in public parks, as opposed to those things I always see pensioners swinging their legs on.

1 Like

There are quite a few jungle gyms around Taipei, with varying amounts of free weights and even sometimes weight machines. I actually went to one recently because it has a machine that I’ve never seen in any other gym and I thought might be good for my neck. If you hike up enough hills you will find them.