Taipei People--Where do you live?

…eom

Nope, almost right on Zhong Shan Rd. as a matter of fact. Minsheng W. Rd.

I live in Daan District on Renai Road Section 3…a little down from Howard Plaza…I think Renai Road Section 3 or Section 4 are the best places to live if you want to live in the downtown core…Renai Road is quieter than the other roads downtown, and you have the beautiful tree-lined strip down the centre…also, during power outages and earthquakes, Renai Road is usually the first one that gets back “up and running” due to the fact most KMT politicians make it their home…also, you have Zhong Xiao Dong Road right behind you, where you can go shopping and have fun, i.e. Sogo, Breeze, etc. are all around that Section 3/4 area…if you walk west, you can go to the flower, jade, and art market under the highway during the weekends, and you can visit Daan Park for strolls and a jog. If you walk east, you can get to the Sun Yat Sen Memorial in 25 minutes or so…and to Taipei 101 within 40 minutes if you perfer walking…You also have quick access to the MRT, since it runs down Zhong Xiao Dong Road…Although Hsinyi District is developing, there is only Taipei 101 and it is a little too east/out of the way with kinda bad transportation/MRT access…the real fun still seems and I am guessin’ will always be around that Sogo area on Zhong Xiao Dong Road Section 3/4…and since you are sitting in the centre of the city, you can pretty much go anywhere else in the city relatively easily…this was pretty much how I deducted where to live…just my opinion…

I thought most foreigners lived in Tieanmu, but this poll says a lot of people live in Da An. Why so many in Da An?

Because Tianmu’s a horrible place, but Daan is really nice.

Daan is also the location of Sida and Taida universities, where most of the serious students fo Chinese will be going. It’s also central and convenient for public transport.

Brian

I have just moved to Sinyi (yes, that’s the new spelling…). I can’t complain, there is pretty much everything I need in the neighbourhood and the best douhua in town is right around the corner…=))

I used to live in the DaAn district. I loved it. Quiet, and near all sorts of good eating and shopping. I made a hasty decision to move to the ZhungShan area, off JiLin road, and am now regretting. Nonstop redecorating (jackhammers and buzz saws), dogs everywhere, betelnut spit all over the ground, and all-night restaurants. I can’t get any sleep.

I’m on my way out soon. Looking in Hsin Tien and back in Da An district.

I also liked Daan when I lived there but the expense, and my landlady running into trouble with the neighbors, drove me out. Had a modern, quiet but tiny studio apartment at the back of a building that faces the MRT, just across Xinyi Rd. from Daan station. Super convenient neighborhood.

But I now call the top floor (with exclusive use of the rooftop) of an old building in Chungshan, home. It’s very cheap, if not beautiful. And, it’s practically next door to my office!

Cheers.

i live on the hill behind tamsui…anyother tamsui-ites here? cheap rent, 6 bedrooms, tennis court, but a trifle chilly at the mo’

Xindian’s the place – an up-and-coming neighbourhood that offers easy access to the city centre in one direction and escape to all the delights of Wulai in the other.

bastard auto correct software…i choose to use the taiwanese spelling of T-A-M-S-U-I…so stop changing it to danshui